The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    The 7F $75K Rachel Alexandra on 8/1 or the 6F Grade 2 $150K Honorable Miss on 8/7 look like her best bets..

Does TVG on Tuesdays still broadcast any FL racing? It seems at best they show on delay a race or two from the "Handicapsule". Hopefully the race will be aired live under the circumstances of the entry.
    If you have an account with Capital OTB, they live stream these races. I watched it live yesterday.

Default You Go, Lisa!

I'm a big fan and I hope she does go to Saratoga. I watched her live on Capital OTB live streaming. She did seem full of energy as they walked her around the paddock. Has anyone ever noticed that she sometimes paws the ground as she is being led around, a la Zenyatta?

Victory today (7/11/11) in a $25k allowance - won by 2 1/2 lengths.

That put $15k in to Snyder's pocket (less jockey fees, et al)

I think he should take another shot at Saratoga. Maybe not a big graded race but at least a stakes race on dirt.
    With those splits - 21.98, 44.89, 56.96 and final 1:09.71 - I'd consider a graded sprint.
    Starts with an 'S,' ends with a 'T.' You figure it out.

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, picking up where we left off ..."

Quote Originally Posted by RachelAlex View Post
    I'm a big fan and I hope she does go to Saratoga. I watched her live on Capital OTB live streaming. She did seem full of energy as they walked her around the paddock. Has anyone ever noticed that she sometimes paws the ground as she is being led around, a la Zenyatta?
    Yep, I've noticed. She can get pretty full of herself in the paddock and before races. Sometimes she can get a little over worked-up, and rears in the paddock, which can get scary..

Just wanted to add again that all Finger Lakes races can be watched via live streaming video on their website. There seems to be issues for Firefox and mobile users, but it works fine with PCs/IE.

And if you miss the race live, replays are also available on their site as soon as the race is official. Those can be viewed using any browser.

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com

Thanks for the reminder about Finger Lakes live streaming on their site. I will remember for next time. I'd love to see her race "in person" but I live too far away for a quick day trip.

Lisa's confirmed for the Rachel Alexandra on 8/1..

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBlue View Post
    AWESOme and thank you. Looks like I will have to take the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBlue View Post
    RussianBlue, I just looked at the upcoming stakes races at Saratoga, and the only stakes on August 1 is the Amsterdam. I think the Rachel Alexandra is run at the Fair Grounds in February. Do you have any recent info on Lisa? It even states on her FB site that she is running the R A, but I just googled it, and it isn't even run at Saratoga.

I and a friend are planning to go and now I don't know if she is coming or not.

Maybe it's an overnight stake?

Per their website:

http://www.lisasboobytrapofficialsite.com/

"LBT will be running on August 1, 2011 in the Rachel Alexandra race at Saratoga Springs in the 7/8 mile race and $75k purse.

LBT is also looking at entering the ballerina race on August 27, 2011"
    However that said I don't see from NYRA any so-named "Rachel Alexandra" race on the Saratoga schedule. [There is a Curlin Stakes on July 29th] Monday August 1st the feature race is the Grade 2 Amsterdam. There is no other stakes race that day:

http://www.nyra.com/Saratoga/Stakes/StakeSchedule.shtml

Maybe its simply an allowance race on Aug 1 misunderstood by her camp as being a stakes race?

The "ballerina" is the Grade 1 Ballerina Handicap on August 27th @ 7 furlongs on dirt. That is a Breeders' Cup Win and You're In race. I'd think going for this race - unless she shows an enormous back to form win in her next effort - would be dicey.

Here's the SAR condition book link:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbH...0722-20110808D

Toggle to page 19 (of 32). There's the race: Aug 1st, 7th race, Rachel Alexandra, a $75K stakes.

I've noticed that smaller stakes like this can (for whatever reason) slip under the radar of their posted main stakes schedule, and this seems to be an example..

Default Lisa is Running on August 1

RussianBlue and Glimmerglass: Thank you for your helpful replies. There is a Rachel Alexandra stakes at Saratoga in addition to the one at Fairgrounds. Who knew??

RB--you are correct. The smaller stakes are not always posted on the NYRA site. So now I know...

Anyway, my friend and I will be there and I hope, hope, hope she wins.

Thanks again!

"Maybe its simply an allowance race on Aug 1 misunderstood by her camp as being a stakes race?"

Really? Why would you think that? Unless you were a rank beginner in the racing world, you would not misunderstand those terms in the condition book. Tim has read many a condition book.

http://www.drf.com/race-entries/SAR/USA/2011-08-01/D/7
    I think she'll have her work cut out for her.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Not a great day for her.

Rank from the start, took the lead, then gave way. She was already at the back of the pack when checked hard. I thought her jockey was trying to pull her up (at the top of the stretch) although they did cross the finish line.

Default Crap

Simply...crap!! Hope Lisa is okay.

Video: replay $75,000 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (Aug 1, 2011)

The Daily Racing Form:

Kid Kate’s tally in the Rachel Alexandra was the fourth win in three days for trainer Chad Brown, who posted the first Grade 1 victory of his career when sending out Zagora to capture the Diana here Saturday.

Lisa’s Booby Trap, who captured the imagination of the fans and national media alike when shipping from Finger Lakes to win an overnight stakes here last summer, tired badly from their early efforts and were eased to the wire along with Decelerator.
    Another - Times Union

The feel good story of last summer isn’t so warm and fuzzy this time around. The saga of Lisa’s Booby Trap, a horse with one eye, a clubbed foot and named after the trainer’s dead wife, returned to Saratoga Race Course Monday afternoon.

The 4-year-old filly, sent off as the 3-1 second choice, finished last in the field of eight in the ungraded Rachel Alexandra Stakes at seven furlongs.

Shipping in from Finger Lakes, Lisa’s Booby Trap began lugging out while setting the early pace and then did it even worse near the half-mile pole. Jockey Dennis Carr tried his best to right the filly, but couldn’t do it. The filly ended up being eased but did get across the finsh line.

“We’ll take her back to the barn and figure it out,” trainer/owner Tim Snyder said. “This has never happened before. He (Carr) said he couldn’t steer her, so he basically had to stop.

A very disappointing and disheartening result, but fortunately no serious problems were the cause.. this was posted on her facebook page tonite:

Lisa is ok! Thank you for all of the concern, this was not Jockey error he actually did exactly what was needed to keep Lisa safe. She had a sore in her mouth from previous dental work that was thought to have been healed, he was not able to control her when she was bumped so he decided to pull her back to keep her from getting hurt. Although the outcome is not exactly what everyone was hoping for, the important thing is she is safe in the barn tonight and will be able to run again. We will keep you posted, again thank you for all of the support!!!
    ---------

One thing I just thought about.. LBT is used to running in short fields.. most of her races have been in fields of 6.. last year's turf debacle was against the largest field she's ever been in (10), and today's race (8) was the 2nd largest. Maybe with her blind eye and temperament, she reacts badly to a lot of company or bumping, especially if she can't see it..

Jock comments:

"She was getting out the whole way, and she's a filly with a bad mouth," Carr said. "I thought if I could put my hands down, she might straighten out, but when I put my hands down, she went to bolt. I had to fight with her the whole way; she never ran straight."

http://saratogian.com/articles/2011/...1340887908.txt