The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Broadcasted here, she looked good and enjoyed the run.

Default go Lisa!

Okay, my message went poof! I'm happy that Lisa didn't get disgraced, which I've seen more than a few times with other stakes winners who don't deliver in lesser races. It's heartbreaking. She looked particularly strong in the lane when she seemed to find another gear.

She has a new rider, Danny Morales, who piloted my boy to his only wins here at the Thumb. Danny is a genuinely nice guy who has persisted through some difficulties and is now being rewarded by being named on some really nice horses from some good barns. I'm really happy for him: he's having a great meet so far.

Now, to get my sleeper boy to the track....After a year and a half of carrying his big black ass, he was days away from being shipped in when the mud got the best of him and he developed an abscess. Never a lame day in the time I've had him, but now, oh yes, he's three legged lame. This is killing me! Please yingle for my Darna Dab!

Quote Originally Posted by jengersnap View Post
    Broadcasted here, she looked good and enjoyed the run.
    Saw on my virtual stable that she ran well, made it look easy!
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

I emailed TVG to ask if they would at least show a replay, and from what I could hear from another room I was one of many! Obviously they didn't, but maybe next time they will since we've shown there's still a lot of interest.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    I emailed TVG to ask if they would at least show a replay, and from what I could hear from another room I was one of many! Obviously they didn't, but maybe next time they will since we've shown there's still a lot of interest.
    On Tuesdays its Rich Perloff in the Handicapsule at TVG. Prior to the start he received a few emails from viewer - all read on air - mentioning LBT at Finger Lakes. Her being there, starting and winning didn't generate one uptick in his pulse. A sort of Cee Lo Green response to those wishing to see her effort.

Here's the May 31 replay on Youtube. She won it in a tap dance.
    Starts with an 'S,' ends with a 'T.' You figure it out.

"Houston, Tranquility Base here, picking up where we left off ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    On Tuesdays its Rich Perloff in the Handicapsule at TVG. Prior to the start he received a few emails from viewer - all read on air - mentioning LBT at Finger Lakes. Her being there, starting and winning didn't generate one uptick in his pulse. A sort of Cee Lo Green response to those wishing to see her effort.
    Yeah, that's the msg I got (although I didn't know C L G)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCamry View Post
    Here's the May 31 replay on Youtube. She won it in a tap dance.
    Thanks for posting!
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Glad to see her back happy and healthy.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

she looks great!!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Default Pre-race, at least...

I tuned into TwinSpires live video, and got to watch alot of the pre-race. She was full of beans in the paddock - was kept over in the stall well past everyone - was a handful for her groom jogging every pass of the circle. It was a riot when the "Call to the Post" went off, as she literally snapped her head around towards the direction it came from, and I thought was about to take her groom with her if he didn't get her out there soon enough!

When they did come on to the track, she was still full of herself. Then unfortunately after they went through the post parade, the cameraman focused on the #1 horse the entire time they were headed for the gate. (Don't you hate when cameramen constantly focus on just one horse, and it's almost never one anyone is discussing (during live commentary) or a huge long shot while everyone wonders what the favorite is doing!)

She loaded right into the gate, they took off, the 1 horse came flying up inside her...

...and then TwinSpires live video told me my computer was not handling Optimized viewing, and shut me out of the rest of the race!! Of course this is right after I just watched 10 minutes with no issues...

So I went to Finger Lakes' site, found their replay video page, and waited for it to show up to finally watch the race. Glad to see her win!

Live streaming video is also available via FL's site, not just the replays.. the link is on the left bottom half of the page:

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com/

There seems to be a bug with Firefox 4, but it works with IE and earlier versions of FF..

FL's site and DRF reported that LBT will be back quick.. next start to be Saturday, 6/11 in another AOC race..

LBT defeated handily by an impressive shipper and Bob's Dylan..

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...061111USA8.pdf

I know there are still spots for her at Saratoga, but based on this lackluster performance, the bar will have to be lowered..

She runs back on Monday in an allowance.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

The winner of LBT's 6/11 race went on to Belmont and impressively won a Grade 3 stakes last week..

I don't see any of that caliber in today's race, but it's a tough field nonetheless..

Victory today (7/11/11) in a $25k allowance - won by 2 1/2 lengths.

That put $15k in to Snyder's pocket (less jockey fees, et al)

I think he should take another shot at Saratoga. Maybe not a big graded race but at least a stakes race on dirt.

I agree - she looked in great condition - still bouncing around afterwards. Some fractions. Bob's Dylan was 2nd.

Here's the replay - it's today, the 11th - race 8.

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com/...cing_2716.aspx

Like Tony Calo said in his call, she's a fabulous filly when she's on her game..

Looking at the Saratoga stakes schedule, I'm really not seeing anything for 3 & up F&M at 6F on dirt. Maybe she'll stick to a couple rich allowances..

Thanks for the replay!

Saratoga condition book index for 2011

I'm sure they can find a race at $50k or more to enter her in. It will be good for her, the fans and the betting public to see her at the Spa.

Default Yay for Lisa!

My son, an asst. starter, texted me as soon as she won. She looked fabulous in this race and outran some nice company. I'm thrilled for her and absolutely hope that Tim finds a good spot for her at the Spa.

And, FWIW, the track has been a bit unforgiving because it is so dry and track management can't seem to find it in them to put adequate water on it (I drove through a lingering dust cloud when I drove backside tonight...). I haven't even looked at the times for other races today, but she laid down some decent fractions.