The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default HorseMedsOnLine: Anyone ordered from them?

I ordered Pentosan from this Aussie company. I was notified that the order shipped on Feb. 2. I have still not received it. I've sent them two messages. They responded to the first, but not the second. I'm about to see if I can get the charges off my credit card. It's around $280. Just wondering if anyone here in USA has ordered products from Australia and how long it took to arrive.

Bumping this up for you because I was planning on placing an order for Pentosan through them, but now I am not so sure!

Just FYI, I got my Pentosan from my vet here in Utah, who got it from Wedgewood. It was $180 for a 50ml bottle. You probably don't need to order it from Australia.

ATR, I know that in USA Wedgewood 'compounds' a generic version of Pentosan. It may well be the exactly the same, but I don't trust it is. Besides, I'd need to get my vet to give me a script and he would want to order it himself and charge extra.

DWBlover, I just this afternoon got a return email from Horsemeds. Apparently Australian Customs are holding up things at the border. I don't understand how that works with Air Shipment. They didn't specifically address my order, but just gave a general response. I don't know what the shelf life is on this product. They say it doesn't need refrigeration, but I don't like the idea of it sitting somewhere in the sun for a month.

DWBlover, I'll let you know when/if I get it, and also if I like the results.

I wonder if somehow Australian meds would cause less squeamishness than ones from India?
    Click here before you buy.

Thanks, I would love an update when you hopefully get your order!

OK, DWB. Just an update that I did receive the Pentosan the other day, so it took about a month. I gave the first injection on Saturday 3/5/11. I'm going to inject every 5 days for four injections. The vials are 6ml.

I was just reading the other Pentosan thread on here, and one poster said it gave her horse a lump on the neck. Mine also has a lump. I'm going to put Surpass on the lump.

I'm really glad you got your order! Thanks so much for the update. I'm anxious to see if you think it makes a difference in your horse. I'm also curious about the lump. I hope it gets better quickly. I wonder if that is common with Pentosan.

Well, if it's the placebo factor, who cares. I definitely feel improvement from the 4 doses. To be specific, I'm just feeling an overall suppleness in my horse that wasn't there before. My collected canter carries better. He's more supple in the neck. This product has shown me more improvement than legend, adequan, and IA injections. No more lumps.

I just ordered more and this time I ordered from Prerace.com. I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies about this company because I can't find enough info on them to check them out. I ordered from them because they use Fed-x and were cheaper. I think I am getting a compounded generic from them, and I suspect it is coming from the USA being that it is only taking 5 days to get here. Their bottle is different looking from the green bottle that is called Pentosan Equine, which I believe is the brand name marketed by NatureVet/Horsemedsonline.

I'm planning on going with an injection every two weeks through the show season.

ToN, I'm glad it's working for you, too. I'm seeing a dramatic improvement in my horse--started after dose 3. He's more flexible and willing, and happier to come really through and move under himself. His canter has improved beyond all recognition.

ToN Farm, how is the new pentosan working for you? I ordered from horsemedsonline, it has been two weeks, no product and they won't return my emails.

Anyone else have luck with this company? Cooper - how'd it go?
    http://www.xanthoria.com/OTTB