The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Paragon/Heather Blitz

Has anyone else been keeping up with these two and the many complimentary things being said about them?

I am starting to just adore this horse, now that I've gotten over the discomfort the idea of attempting to ride a horse who moves like that gives me!

Here's their latest I1 win:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xc_BsH6YU8
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Wow that horse has got a massive canter! Great riding...he looked a little unsettled in the contact at first?

I believe she only started showing him last year. She has discussed in interviews how he was a slow starter. He's 18 hands (doesn't look it since she's 6' tall!) so I imagine it was hard for him to get all his parts working together! He still has the green look to him - yet is scoring mid 70s. I look forward to seeing how much he keeps improving! I just admire Heather's ability to really let that movement out, when so many riders stifle their horse's movement. (I include myself in that group. May not be intentional, but my horse's movement gets bigger each time I get stronger/more fit - there's no question *I* am the limiting factor!)

He looks massive to me....I watched a warmup video of hers too..and he just towers over the other horses

I relaly like him too...was actually trying to find a video of him at and earlier stage in his career, but cant seem to. She does such a good job..and he does look a little green...how old is he?

Aww. Well, now I HAVE to follow them!

I LOVE the pair!
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

Paragon is just lovely and the fact that he is working so well at only 8 years old really astonishes me. He still has a lot of growing to do, a lot more muscle to develop, and I think he is really going to blossom into something incredible over the next few years. That hock action and those floppy ears just make me melt! He doesn't look like an easy ride (sweet and willing, but sensitive and BIG) and Heather does a phenomenal job with him. Truly a pair to watch! And I think they currently need a sponsor.....any takers???

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Aww. Well, now I HAVE to follow them!

Quote Originally Posted by feuerkracher View Post
    Paragon is just lovely and the fact that he is working so well at only 8 years old really astonishes me. He still has a lot of growing to do, a lot more muscle to develop, and I think he is really going to blossom into something incredible over the next few years. That hock action and those floppy ears just make me melt! He doesn't look like an easy ride (sweet and willing, but sensitive and BIG) and Heather does a phenomenal job with him. Truly a pair to watch! And I think they currently need a sponsor.....any takers???
    If it were like sponsoring a hungry child, I'd do it! Can't quite help someone show internationally at $1/day, unless an organization is created for them - the owner/rider support fund?

I really look forward to seeing how this horse continues to develop - because his size and his movement at 8 mean there's a lot to come still!

Default Love them

They are a wonderful pair. Plus she bred him! You can be a fan on facebook and get her updates including the recent video this weekend.
    Friesians Rule !!

Paragon is amazing Heather Blitz a lovely rider, but I just adore Brilliant Too, here they are together!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poulin...119454&theater

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan View Post
    Paragon is amazing Heather Blitz a lovely rider, but I just adore Brilliant Too, here they are together!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poulin...119454&theater
    That picture is awesome!

Brilliant Too is more my size, that's for sure.

I love this pair also!!! Paragon is what I like to call an uber-mover!!! And I admire Heather so much that she can let that movement out yet still keep him relaxed and happy. That is something I am aiming for right now, to keep my horse relaxed even when we get going forward. (Although somehow I doubt we look quite like Heather and Paragon.:lol

Holy extended canter, Batman!!! He covered the diagonal in like five strides! I can't wait to see his passage!

Quote Originally Posted by friesian4me View Post
    They are a wonderful pair. Plus she bred him! You can be a fan on facebook and get her updates including the recent video this weekend.
    What are his bloodlines?

The make an awesome pair!!

She is such a nice lady too.
    I LOVE my Chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    Has anyone else been keeping up with these two and the many complimentary things being said about them?
    Yes! I heard Heather speak a little over a year ago at the MSEDA meeting (and wrote in a blog post about it) and it was very clear how much she loves Paragon. That was right after their first show, I believe. I got on her email list and ever since I have been keeping an eye on them. I am also a fan of Paragon's on his FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by friesian4me View Post
    She didn't breed him, but he was bred in the US!

According to her website she bought him as a foal from Oak Hill Ranch in Louisiana.
    http://www.heatherblitz.info/Heather_Blitz/Paragon.html

She's wearing a helmet, she gets my vote! Seriously, it will be interesting to watch this pair develop. There is so much more in that horse, he just looks like a youngster. But she rides him so sympathetically, and he has that loose, fluid look to him.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I love this quote from her web site:

It only took about 6 months for him to accept the boundaries I gave him and then he settled into a great working routine building strength and endurance. This is when his real education started.

Remember that, Katarine: You have time

Lovely, lovely pair. Heather seems to melt into him. Wonderful how his rhythm never changes. And the extended canter is a 10!

He is a baby and looks like a teenage boy right now. All legs. Fast forward 2 years, add muscle and he will be buff!

cindyjbean Guest

Been watching them for a while...I think that horse and rider pair is going places! Young horse!

In a couple of years, will Paragon be the new "Totilas" ?

However, since Heather practically designed that horse...and bred to get that horse 'for her' maybe less likely he'd be 'sold off' after taking the top prizes in the sport of dressage like Toto was...