The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default So. Freakin. Mad. at. my. brother...hay vent

First let me say I just found out last week I am expecting our first (human) child and I am already crazy hormonal. A little situational background; I am currently in the position to be able to cut my own hay. We have been blessed by being able to do this for a few years now. I store most of the 1000 bales or so per year in my dads shop. My dad passed away last April, and my younger brother and I bought a 53' container trailer for a variety of reasons, one of which to store some hay in and to be able to go buy loads of hay. Well, my whole bottom layer of hay had molded, even with using pallets over the concrete. So I had about 75 good and 75 bad bales of hay in there. My brother decided yesterday that he would "do me a favor" by having my moms boyfriend help him move ALL of my hay into the container! AAAGGgHHH!!! I'm soooo pissed!!! They are not horse ppl, but that moldy stuff was SO OBVIOUS I really have no idea how they did not notice it, and proceeded to mix it in with my good hay. So now I get to spend my day tomorrow taking it all back out and sorting through it. Horay! He apparently decided he needed more room to work on his spare pos truck and decided my hay had to go. Clearly there was no thought given as to the hay that will be replacing it in a month or two. Please don't flame me for this, I am just really mad right now and my DH is already over my mood swings and really doesn't seem to care I am upset. My mom totally fails to see the problem. It makes me miss my dad, too, who would have sat him back on his ass and told him to chill. Sorry this is so long. FWIW, I do feel a little better now.

Congratulations on your growing family!!!
    (sorry about the hay....)

I somewhat feel your pain as each year, i have to reclaim my area of the HAY barn for the new hay...and move all the heavy stuff back to the man's side of the tool section.
    Stolen Horse International Volunteer
    NetPosse.com Volunteer

Congrats on the baby!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain about the hay.

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Wonderful news! And a perfectly lovely rant. You're right, of course!

Nobody tests your love like siblings. Sometimes I feel like mine are trying to drive me nuts. (short trip, however...)

Educate the boy, make sure you have access to the hay storage LONG before it needs stored...and do unto others!

Congrats on the new baby. You are embarking on such an adventure, there!

Friends are God's apology for family.