The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another way to help Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society!

There is an easy, fast, and free way to help prevent the slaughter of hundreds of abandoned, neglected, and homeless horses. Simply vote for Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society in an on-line contest. Here are the simple instructions (which take longer to read than to actually follow):

Here are the instructions:

1. Go to http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive
    2. Near the top, slightly-right-of-center is a purple rectangle with the words "Click Here to Give - it’s FREE!" Click that icon.
    3. On the page that comes next, there is a button marked "VOTE NOW!" It is located near the top, again slightly-right-of-center, underneath and in the middle of the tabs for "Rainforest" and "Animal Rescue." Click that icon.

4. In the center of the page that comes next, you will see a purple square that says "Search And Vote For A Shelter." In the "Shelter Name" space, type Bluebonnet In the "State" space, type "TX." Then click the gray rectangular "Search" button that appears underneath the "Country" selection.
    5. The next screen will be virtually identical to the one that went before, except that Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society will now appear at the bottom of the purple rectangle. Click the gray "Vote" rectangle in the bottom right corner of the purple square.
    6. The following screen requires you to type in the name of the animal that appears (lion, monkey, cat, etc). This ensures that the vote is being cast by an actual person rather than a computer program which would give a contestant an unfair advantage. Once the animal’s name is typed, click the "Vote" button and you’re done!

And thank you!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

2. Near the top, slightly-right-of-center is a purple rectangle with the words "Click Here to Give - it’s FREE!" Click that icon.

Never got to next page............just kept returning me to the above. Didn't detect any 'pop-ups'. So, I dunno.

3. On the page that comes next, there is a button marked "VOTE NOW!" It is located near the top, again slightly-right-of-center, underneath and in the middle of the tabs for "Rainforest" and "Animal Rescue." Click that icon.

OK, found it 1/4 way down the page, in the middle.

Voted....got a Lion. It said my session timed out....try again.

Voted....got a Panda. Again, said my session timed out.

Eek.....gonna reboot.

Also, I am no doubt voting against another rescue.

I'll ask Jenn to clarify - not sure what the issue is.
    www.specialhorses.org

I just followed the instructions and voted, no problem. I'm using the latest version of Firefox - it may be some kind of browser issue? Or possibly I have something turned off that's causing problems. (I have flash block and ad-block add ons because I HATE going to a page and having flash load all over the place.)

I click on all those sites (and vote for a rescue) every day. Today, every time I clikcked, it would bounce right back to "click to donate" on all of them.
    "And I will be an embarrassment to all
    Who have not found the peace in being free
    to have a horse as a best friend."

Quote Originally Posted by laserRob View Post

Never got to next page............just kept returning me to the above. Didn't detect any 'pop-ups'. So, I dunno.
    I've had the bounceback problem and the 'timeout on identifying the animal' problem.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

Done.

FYI, you must be quick. The website times out quickly.

Put in US for country
    TX for state
    Bluebonnet in the name box.

This will let your search go fast enough to please their software.

PS-- as of today, Bluebonnet is not on the Top 10 list for US rescues. It is not even on the Top 10 for TX rescues.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I am having the same issue as the others. Hopefully we'll get it sorted out so we can help!

I think it is a browser issue as I didn't have the problem and I checked it out before I posted. But I also used Firefox.
    www.specialhorses.org

Didn't have any problems, done!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

Quote Originally Posted by mvp View Post
    PS-- as of today, Bluebonnet is not on the Top 10 list for US rescues. It is not even on the Top 10 for TX rescues.
    As of last night they were ranked 1,083rd nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    I think it is a browser issue as I didn't have the problem and I checked it out before I posted. But I also used Firefox.
    Thanks. I participated at this site a couple years ago...had Firefox at the time. Now I am MIE.

I'll revisit later today.

Thank you to those who are voting. I realize we're not in high standings nationally - we just would like to win the Texas category. (Ok, I WANT to win nationally, but I understand that's not probable ). We're moving up in the ranks thanks to your votes. Winning Texas will help us promote the rescue/bring in more recognition, which results in more adopters and more funds to help other horses.

For those experiencing problems - I don't know if it is the site temp. not working or if it is a browser problem. I follow the steps and can vote. I appreciate you all trying...
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Voted...but it is a bit tricky to find everything! Good luck Blue Bonnet!

I had no problem!
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86