The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Sleek-ez shedding tool--anyone tried this?

http://sleekez.myshopify.com/

It sounds great, and is not *that* expensive (considering what I would otherwise be spending on those charcoal blocks ), so I was wondering whether anyone had used one, and could give us an opinion on how well it works.

(My unclipped has been on stall rest hairy yak of a sensitive chestnut mare will be needing LOTS of "hair removal" this spring, and she is very particular about what is used on her!)
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Sounds cool to me. Kinda looks like a giant Furminator on a wooden handle...and made in the USA. I like that, this country needs more of that.

If it's 1/2 as effective as a Furminator, it would blow your socks off with the ease of which it sheds the horse. I'd buy one! (I probably will buy one, thanks for drawing my attention to it!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...very interesting. Might have to buy since I am currently covered in hair due to today's yak cleaning session. Thanks for sharing the link!

Go to a BBQ store or restaurant supply and buy a 11"x4"x6" charcoal block for next to nothing. Cut it up yourself into sizes that are easy to handle. We use these in the kitchen at work and they're cheap.
    Buying those little blocks is SUCH a scam.
    NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

I might have to order one, my charcol block isnt doing much. Thanks for sharing!

Wow that looks pretty cool! I wonder what the brush/block part is made out of.

I bought one and will report back when I test it out

I will be eagerly awaiting the report, jaime! I haven't been home all day, but plan to order one before Monday morning. Not that expensive--considering the Slick N Easy blocks cost $5 each?, and last for less than a week, if used regularly.
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I just bought one too!

I just got mine today and will be trying it out in the morning. I will report back and let you know.
    I showed my hubby and he said "That's a sawzall blade I can make you one of those". Looks kind of like a jigsaw blade. It's not like any of the other shedding tools I have used before so I do expect different and hopefully better results.
    Those little blocks suck, they don't seem to grab any more hair than any other tool.

Dawn

does anyone in canada have one.? think their kinda cool too..i just bought a block and know its going to be gone quickly.
    finding the problem lies in that you can only get sleek-ez or furminators online orders.which sucks for ppl who can not do that...needs to be avail in stores..jmo

Quote Originally Posted by rizzodm View Post
    I just got mine today and will be trying it out in the morning. I will report back and let you know.
    I showed my hubby and he said "That's a sawzall blade I can make you one of those". Looks kind of like a jigsaw blade. It's not like any of the other shedding tools I have used before so I do expect different and hopefully better results.
    Those little blocks suck, they don't seem to grab any more hair than any other tool.

Dawn
    Please report back! I am thinking of ordering one so it would be nice to have a COTHER report before I spend the money. I do like that they offer a money back guarantee! I Look forward to hearing what you think.

I just use the dog's Furminator.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    I just use the dog's Furminator.
    Some us don't have a furminator period

Ok, I'm back. Ended up grooming a furry little pony after my ride because I was soooo impressed with this tool.
    My pony is blanketed and groomed vigoursly 4x a week so there was not alot of hair to remove but this tool did a much better job than any other tool I have used. What I also liked was that it removes all the underlying dirt and dry skin along with the hair. I showed another boarder and she used it on her horse and was also amazed. I wanted to try it on something furrier so I tried it on one of smaller ponys and I was AMAZED at the amount of hair I got off this little guy.
    I am now eyeballing all the little furry monsters at the ranch to attack with my new Sleekez

Dawn

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update! I am going to order one today!

Good to know. There is a thread on these on the NC Horse News BB and a link to the picture of them.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

I just bought one too after fighting with a Shed Flower for a 1/2 hour yesterday.

I just bought one also. I can't wait to get started on my 4 yaks.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.