The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Yeah! My new saddle came....

So so excited because Fed ex brought my new Antares today.. was jumping up and down and couldn't wait to get to the barn to try it on my horse! THEN, the barn calls...come quick...your horse is colicking....guess he wasn't thrilled about getting the new Antares lol.

He's feeling better now.... poor baby. (I'm still excited about my saddle though! Guess I'll try it on him in a day or two!)

I hope your horse is feeling better now, maybe the thought of wearing his new saddle will cheer him up.

I hope so!!

Well, YAY and oh no!

Glad you horse is okay. Especially glad you got your new saddle! Will have to post pics of the thing when you get it up on your beast

YES! Can't wait to sit in it...my Butet didn't fit him (pinched his shoulders) so I am hoping that this does the trick..I have been waiting since November or December for it!

Ohhhh I so understand and prayers your boy will be fine!!!

I had a Butet and then got my CWD and I bet once your boy says he's good to go you will LOVE your saddle and wonder why you didn't get it sooner!

Let us know how it goes!
    Don't saw on your horses mouth it's not a piece of wood! ~ GM

Wasn't it very nice of Fedex to bring you a saddle! I think you are supposed to post photos of it now.
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork

going to oil it now! Luckily, we were able to use someone else's antares for the last month or so. I COULD not ride him in the butet. It was terrible on him. He looked well when i just went to check on him so this weekend, I will try my new saddle...can not wait!!! will post pics....It's the first new saddle I have ever bought myself...in the almost 30 years I have been riding.

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    going to oil it now! Luckily, we were able to use someone else's antares for the last month or so. I COULD not ride him in the butet. It was terrible on him. He looked well when i just went to check on him so this weekend, I will try my new saddle...can not wait!!! will post pics....It's the first new saddle I have ever bought myself...in the almost 30 years I have been riding.
    This advice is probably too late but DON'T OIL THE SADDLE UNTIL YOU'VE TRIED IT ON. Don't oil the seat heavily and DON'T WEAR JEANS to absorb the oil because the seams on your jeans are death on newly oiled saddle seats. Use black riding tights or sacrifice an old pair of breeches.

Enjoy your new saddle!
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

thanks kryswyn. It's the first new saddle i've owned, but not the first one I've broken in...

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    thanks kryswyn. It's the first new saddle i've owned, but not the first one I've broken in...
    I think kryswyn's biggest concern is that you not oil it until you can put it on your horse and make sure it fits him correctly. Just because it is customized for you and your horse doesn't mean it will automatically fit, sometimes mistakes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I think kryswyn's biggest concern is that you not oil it until you can put it on your horse and make sure it fits him correctly. Just because it is customized for you and your horse doesn't mean it will automatically fit, sometimes mistakes are made.
    This.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"