The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Pine Top side of Atlanta, GA

Default legends Performance Pellets vs TC Low Starch?

Anyone used both and maybe say how they differ? I already know they are both low starch...
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Keswick, VA

Some horses hate the low starch, some like it. But it's also slightly higher in protein (13% vs. 12%) and a lot lower in fat (6% vs 10%) than the performance pellets.

Georgetown, KY

I'm afraid I can't comment on the comparison, but can attest to the Legends Performance Pellet being a good choice. I've got an ulcer-prone 8 year old OTTB who also occasionally ties up (those random unseasonably warm days when he does way too much). A low-starch diet is a must for him. I'm a HUGE fan of McCaulay Bros. feed (local for us), but they don't offer a low-starch option that he will eat, so I switched to the Legends. I bet he gained 100 lbs. over this very hard winter!! He is coming into spring actually looking a little chubby and he has never, ever looked chubby in his life. Great feed!