The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Introduction

Hi all! I've lurked here for what seems like forever but decided to join now that I have a new horse! I am a re-rider who basically grew up riding (I'm pretty sure I knew how to ride before I could walk). I grew up eventing and competed through prelim. I switched to the jumpers in college but after my horse got diagnosed with EPM in my senior yr, I pretty much stopped riding.

I wasn't really in the market for a horse - the horse purchase was about 2 yrs away on the "big plan" but I guess when it's right, it's right. I had been leasing a horse, having just started riding again after an 8 yr break (life and that pesky job thing got in the way of the important stuff!) when I went to visit a friend who's a professional in the beginning of Dec. This was a quick stop over on a business trip and I was only supposed to be visiting. Said friend had a lovely 5 yr old OTTB who was the quietest horse in the barn and was therefore designated as the "guest horse". Long story short, I fell in love and couldn't leave without him.

Charlie is a 17hh chestnut with a large blaze and two socks behind. He raced his last race in the beginning of Oct and has settled into life with an amateur beautifully! He's a champ on the trail and loves to jump. I've taken him out in the woods to jump some logs and small x-country jumps; he loves it. Best of all, he's got the personality of a golden retriever. Unfortunately, I am computer dumb so I'm not sure how to put a picture up but here's his pedigree (which I know nothing about!).

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cosmic+rae

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I haven't evented in (big gulp!) 15 yrs so any advice is welcome.

Thanks!
    Sarah

Welcome back to the world of horses! Enjoy the ride.

Welcome back to riding! Chestnut OTTBs are my favorite!
    ~SeeStar Eventing~
    Seefari - OTTB
    Pepperjack - Paint/TB
    Reese Elliot & Cheddar Noodle -Official Squirrel Patrol

Thanks so much - I'm obviously pretty excited to be back in the saddle again. One thing I've noticed is how much more fun I have now. I was so serious about riding when I was younger that I forgot it was supposed to be fun. I'm definitely more appreciative.