The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Someone needs this Cajun CANTER Cutie! NEW PICS post 13

CANTER Gulf South got a new listing today:

Sneaky Sneakers

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings

Someone NEEDS her. She is cute, cute, cute!!

So who's going to take her home and update us on her progress?
    Last edited by sparky6; Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

She looks wasp waisted to me...but I really like her!
    http://poorwomanshowing.blogspot.com/
    R.I.P. Eagles Hill. 4/6/00-12/10/11.

Wow! Hubba Hubbah! Now if she could just grow.... I bet she'll grow to at least 15.2, but she's too narrow for my long legs :-(

She's cute, but I'd want to know why she'd been pin fired in her LH fetlock.

I love her, all 15.1 of her! Just get her some groceries and ooo-la-la!

I want her based on her name alone! Too cute.

She has good bone structure. Some does need to steal her. Betcha she'll grow a little and she does not need to be huge to jump or do dressage. She'd be great for a small female rider!
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Oh she's going to grow... if she's listed as a 3yo chances are she hasn't hit her real third birthday yet... My CANTER filly was a coming 4 year old and has grown 2 inchs since I brought her home...

She was born on January 4, 2008, so she is actually 3 and a couple of months. But I would imagine she is not finished growing.

I shouldn't have looked. lol

Someone needs to go get her. She has a really lovely trot, even just being jogged a little on the pavement, and I bet she can jump. And gorgeous to boot.

The pin firing puts me off her though I adore her head and her legs look solid enough. She must have just raced or breezed before those pics were taken for her to be that sucked up.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Leilatigress, she raced last Saturday (2/19) and finished 5th of 8 runners.

I didn't take the listing, but I'm looking at the original photo (not resized to the smaller size on the CANTER site), and it looks more like four scrapes on the lh, but that would definitely be something to ask the trainer about. If anyone wants to the larger original photo to examine, pm me or Sparky6.

I took her listing so I have a couple extra pics than are on the CANTER site. Just zoomed one of them with no other retouching and it looks like those marks on her LH are just some superficial scrapes. I'll work on posting the zoomed pic in a non-facebook format for anyone who wants to see. For anyone that wants the full-sized files, feel free to request them!

Obviously a pre-purchase is always advised and you should talk to her trainer.

ETA: Here's a photobucket album of all of her pics: http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/...NTER%20Horses/

And while we're discussing cute bay mares, please check out Forest Dawn. I took her listing a couple of weeks ago and I promise she is MUCH cuter than her pictures show! When I went back yesterday I didn't see her trainer to try for some better shots, but she is definitely worth a look.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Sucking up never ever bugs me. I expect it in race horses and it doesn't affect my decision on them. I LOVE her chest and she will likely bulk up both behind and in front with work and age. She looks so much like my fav tb mare at our stable I was not shocked to find they are 1/2 sisters. The one at our barn was never raced and does eventing with her teen rider. She's never been lame and has the same head. Wonderful work ethic and a bit of a comedian. Those do look like scrapes and not pin firing and I wonder if she might of either clipped herself or caught that foot on something. I've seen worse and if treated correctly they won't show when they heal.
    Forest Dawn - mmmm me likey! Love the shoulder, love the head, wish she would stand square but the volunteers do such an awesome job showing what they got. I LOVE the instant response for the request to trot out. No hesitation at all just yes here we go especially with all that stuff going on around her she notices it but still focuses. Nice over track too and that trot is springy!
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Those aren't pin fire or freeze fire marks. Those are form hitting front to back while galloping or during a race. She has also caught the heel on her left front foot. So she likely just isn't getting her front feet out of the way of her hind feet when she moves. I've had a few like that and once they have developed "riding" muscles and their feet have changed a bit, it stops. This filly has a huge shoulder and lovely, high set neck. Turn her out, let her grow and get fat on some grass and she'll look like a completely different animal. The only thing I don't care for (if I had to be REALLLLY picky) is that she's got really long cannons and she's got a long coupling. That being said I doubt it would effect her ability to round up and carry herself well. Pretty girl.
    RIP Spider Murphy 4/20/02 - 10/31/10

Bump for this cool filly with very fun name. Thanks guys for these very helpful comments:

Quote Originally Posted by leilatigress View Post
    Sucking up never ever bugs me. I expect it in race horses and it doesn't affect my decision on them. ...... Love the shoulder, love the head.
    And more great info.

Quote Originally Posted by jenarby View Post
    Those aren't pin fire or freeze fire marks. Those are form hitting front to back while galloping or during a race. She has also caught the heel on her left front foot. So she likely just isn't getting her front feet out of the way of her hind feet when she moves. I've had a few like that and once they have developed "riding" muscles and their feet have changed a bit, it stops.

This filly has a huge shoulder and lovely, high set neck. Turn her out, let her grow and get fat on some grass and she'll look like a completely different animal. The only thing I don't care for (if I had to be REALLLLY picky) is that she's got really long cannons and she's got a long coupling. That being said I doubt it would effect her ability to round up and carry herself well. Pretty girl.

Evenif they were pinfiring, Benny was pinfired (his injury was on a leg that didn't have it) and never took a bad step on his front legs where it had been done and if I squint I see what looks like pinfire marks on Lucky, who never had an injury beyond a quarter grab in 64 starts. Wouldn't worry me at all.

And I agree with jenarby, the only thing I don't like about Sneakers is those long thin cannons and pasterns (coupled with 4x5x5 inbreeding to RaN and his crappy-ankle genes.) But the overall picture is pretty enough as long as she wasn't bred (or at least wasn't crossed on a stallion with lots of RaN) it wouldn't be something I'd worry about.

Hard to judge on the short videos, though, but I do like Forest Dawn's way of going better.

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Sneakers is cute, but Forest Dawn is STUNNING! I'd take her in a heartbeat, if I were in the market.

And, JMO but Sneakers looks a LOT taller than 15.1 to me. Unless the handler is a teeny tiny herself, that is. Even so, I'm only 5'2" and I look taller than that when standing next to a 15.1 hander.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Sneaky Sneakers is still looking for a home.

Also, we listed a new little filly today; she needs to be placed quickly as her trainer needs the stall. http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...ainer-listings
    Last edited by iloverocky; Mar. 19, 2011 at 05:15 PM.