The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

swoonvalde Guest

Smile Dressage/event trainer

I have a small Dressage and Eventing facility on the southeastern coast of NC. We have been struggling to get good instruction into this area. Is there anyone out there who knows of someone who would be willing to come in and give lessons as often as their schedules may allow? We have about a days worth of work and maybe a little more.

Have you checked the NCDCTA's website? There is a trainer directory on the website. That might have some folks on there you could contact.

swoonvalde Guest

I have looked at the NCDCTA webset and most of the trainers listed start at about two or more hours away. Ideally, we would like to have a trainer weekly!

A student of mine is moving to Camp Lejeune, and said something in her last lesson about wanting me to come down for clinics. I'm sure they wouldn't bring me in more than a few times a year, but if that's in your area, maybe I could hit up both places?

swoonvalde Guest

I am located in Bolivia, North Carolina which is about two hours south of Camp Lejeune - almost on the south Carolina border. There are a dozen or so riders between here and those in SC and we seemed tobe in the middle land or no land for good dressage of event instruction. The climate is wonderful and we can bring people in for clinics but we really need someone who can get to us on a weekly basis. I think a good instructor would clean up in this area and I have room for horses to be brought in for training etc. Tell me more however about yourself - it is really funny we lost our dressage instructor to love in Marshall VA.

Gosh, your instructor must know a secret, because lord knows I've had no luck meeting anyone here!

brototy Guest

Default www.bforex.com

hi..i am brototy..i am a new member of this forum...i like everything overhere....just want to say everyone hi...its been pleasure to be here..hope it will enrich my knowledge.....
    forexforex
    tradingcommodity
    trading

Default How far are you from Wilmington NC?

Brendan Curtis is in Wilmington, is that too far from you?
    MW
    Melyni (PhD) PAS, Dipl. ACAN.
    New edition of book is out:
    Horse Nutrition Handbook.

www.knabstruppers4usa.com

swoonvalde Guest

Default location

No, Wilmington is where we are located. We are about twenty minutes south of Wilmington. I know Brendon and we have spoken but he also relocating to PA. The opportunities are just far greater in the northeast. Ann and Brendon were our two Dressage insstructors in the area.

spellsm Guest

Default Dressage Instruction

Hi,

Might I suggest that you check out Melissa Deal at Victory Land Dressage (www.victorylanddressage.com). She is constantly learning and bringing a myriad of new information to her clients. Most recently she has been riding with Jean Luc Cornille (www.scienceofmotion.com) and is willing to meet rider's where they need help.