The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    I feel for you. Our dairy name is Sugar Hill. Do you know how many times people say "Ok, Sugar. S. H. ..what comes next?

If you had a son named Cash you would be my hero!!!
    Cash Register would be in big trouble though...think of how many girls would be after him just because they think he has a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    that woman does not want to sell that stallion, she should just marry it instead.
    Ad states seller has Lyme disease that is progressively becoming worse...it's at the end of the ad.

1 members found this post helpful.

"we need to get my horse from bronson to woodville we are only wanting to barrow please please please help"

Oh boy.

This one is pretty funny.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/grd/3965842074.html
    Where the short cows roam.

War veteran

paint/buckskin Gelding 2yr red roan/ paint quarter horse cross.
    halter broke, leads, ties, baths. loads
    he easy catcher in field just needs his training finished.
    asking $XXXX, has a current coggins/dewormed,vaccinated.
    He has an apt for November7, 2013 to get casteratd

Ok then

At least it was done (per the rest of the ad).
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

^^^^would love to see that color!

Hey, who cares if they can spell it as long as they do it! It doesn't sound like we need more of those...
    Last edited by PeteyPie; Nov. 23, 2013 at 05:29 PM.

OH BOY! Just when I think CL can't get any worse...
    http://duluth.craigslist.org/grd/4197176545.html

In case it gets deleted:
    "Bella is a regestered 16 year old mare. She has had a foal with her previous owners. She stands good for farrier,vet,baths etc..I'm selling her because we need to downsize on our horses. She does Barrels. Then also jumping for fun. She loves to run! She is more a Barrel horse though,she puts her heart into it.She is also just a good trail horse.She does need a experienced rider! I also taught her to side pass, she can side pass on her left but I never had time to teach her on the right.She picks up her hoofs with me tapping on her leg or tapping my foot on her leg and she picks it up. She knows how to back up on the ground by tapping her on the chest. I rode her bareback and bridleless in the round pen and once or twice on a trail ride she did fine but she still needs experienced rider! I can send more pictures. I'm asking for 900 or might be interested in a trade for a different horse.If interested you can call or text 218-2four8-05two3 or email."

Too many pictures to choose from, it's hard to decide which is the dumbest. I'll just go with this one
    http://images.craigslist.org/01515_8...NR_600x450.jpg
    Yes, I smell like a horse. No, I don't consider that to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DottieHQ View Post
    You're just jealous because you lack my extensive koalafications.

Waaaaaat? Now why would she trade this one off - what, for one who will straddle another horse with her standing on her head maybe?
    I love how she didn't have time to teach the mare to move off her left leg for side pass? Humm, wonder why... Hurry guys and gals, snap this one up TODAY!!! ;D

Seriously, that horse looks awesome. Can tolerate all that? A keeper. Although being in a normal home where it's just ridden and not used as a piece of playground equipment, it may not know what to do!

2 members found this post helpful.

I don't get why she needs to sell this mare to downsize her herd, but she's also willing to trade for another horse.

As much as I hate that sort of marketing (the pictures), it does make me think the horse is a good citizen, trustworthy.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Medical Miracle? You be the judge:

http://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/4213880778.html

In case it disappears:

"Hi, im selling my male horse with her baby too just a couple months old (Frison) quarter mile horses call or text with any ???? 0000000000 se abla espanol $$$ 2000 obo"

It's a REALLY cute baby, though!

Obviously a gag ad, but worth sharing

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grd/4214202071.html

This is Mary shes 12 hand tall 7 speed transmission and jumps 6" all her teeth are gone so only eats apple sauce, she rides english, western, French, and Spanish , hates water cause its a horse not a fish. This horse kicks bucks and rears very kid friendly or would do well with special needs. We give it gallons of steroids and is very calm. Loves loud noises, crept up on in the dark, pretending you have food, tail pulls and jumping on its back. Price is very firm 20,000$ or new Mercedes.

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Default OMG CL ad of the day

Why anyone would think putting a child this size being able to "ride" this mini is a selling point.

http://reading.craigslist.org/grd/4186356978.html
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I just ran across this and just had to find this thread... without further ado

I have a 5 year old mare, will turn 6 in April.. Solid black out of Tn. Walking stock, is not registered. She is a little under 15 hands but is a real fireball. I have had her since she was 7 months old, done all the ground work on her and sent her to a Walking Horse training barn to be ridden. She never bucked. She loads good, stands for the farrier, loves the water hose. She is head strong and requires a strong hand. Saddles well, ridden both English and Western. Stands to be saddled and mounted. After the first 10 minutes of riding, she starts her crap.. Crow hopping, going sideways, walking backwards, try's to buck but she is too fat to buck hard. After a good butt whipping, she will settle down and go on with her business.. I am the only one in the family who can ride her. She is up to date on coggins and all shots, actually due in March. I love this little hard headed mare and hate to part with her but medical issues will not allow me to risk getting hurt on her.. which I haven't yet, but there is always the first time.. She is a great little horse and after she earns your trust, she is in your back pocket.. Again,, she will take a strong hand,, is not a beginners horse nor a kids horse unless you have a kid tough as a pine knot.. Come meet Addie (named after her bad attitude). She is a beauty.. If I don't sell her come spring, I think I will start raising gaited mule colts out of her.. 423-xxx-xxxx.. Price is firm.. She is a strong willed horse and I will not give her away..

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/grd/4297136138.html

Ohh my, maybe she will get a better home

From that second picture, it's more like hot little BUTTERball...

"unless you have a kid tough as a pine knot".....great.....

Quote Originally Posted by HPFarmette View Post
    "unless you have a kid tough as a pine knot".....great.....
    I have one. but seriously, the mare is fat, not skinny, she is UTD on shots, blanketed and the fencing doesn't look like scrap yard salvage. Guy/gal is being upfront about all the flaws on the horse (including the fact that it actually was handled by a trainer and not simply saddled up by a pine knot child one day). S/he's even got her priced over kill buyer level. Not sure why this one merits mocking.

THIS one on the other hand, deserves everything it gets...

http://macon.craigslist.org/grd/4325241191.html