The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default pedigree query??

Wondering over from eventer land.... Could anyone offer some insights into these lines? I have heard different things about Northern Dancer and Native Dancer.
    Really just curious about things to look for. Overall he has a big body, nice legs and seems to be pretty go lucky, jumping 2'3 with his knees to his eyeballs.
    Thanks!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/lit+de+edwardo

Northern Dancer: had some sons like Northern Baby that are good jumper/eventer talent and a lot of them that are small/stocky Quarter Horse type built sprinters. So.....depends a lot on which son. Lit De Justice
    http://www.thoroughbredinfo.com/show...tdejustice.htm
    was a champion sprinter and looks the part with his downhill dragster build...so he would not be a top pick to me. I don't know much about his FR damside.
    I like the dam side better: Lite The Fuse is a solid built horse/line breeds the Buckpasser, Boldnesian and Lord Avie are nice to see....nice but not a wow pedigree.Native Dancer is way back in the woodpile (6 gens back/Rasie a Native is 5). He is a 7 YO gelding. I think a question would be how long has he been off the track? If it has been for a while then jumping 2'3 is not very impressive. If he is fresh off the track and just started popping over jumps in good form then there is potential for moving up.

Thanks for your thoughts! He came off the track in 2010 and is cantering quietly over small fences. Very nice form o/f and quiet way of going. The knees to his chin is the grabber and I am going to check him out this weekend. I keep getting good things about lite the fuse. Uphill build unlike his sire. Thanks Again!