The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kick in the a@#

Will someone please give me a kick in the butt? After the couple of warm, spring-like days we've had recently, now that it's cold again I just can't get the motivation to go out to the barn...help!

Go -- You know you'll feel better once you get there --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM

Hee hee...I am on an overnight now and sitting in a hotel in Bangor! I was going to say "don't worry it will be warm again in a day or two--I really think the groundhogs were right!" but that might not quite be true in Maine. It's supposed to be back up to just above freezing by Thursday! (And I will say it again--the groundhogs were right! COME ON SPRING!)

dab...I love your signature line!!!

I feel your pain. While listening to the weather this morning, they said today was going to be beautiful, between 60-70 degrees, much colder tomorrow.

Well, it's 35 degrees out now at 3 pm. It must be nice to be able to have a job, doesn't matter if you are right/wrong, etc. It is cold, damp and hard to get going, I agree.

You have company. I need a kick to get going some of these days too. But, whether the weather man gets it right or not, spring is coming.
    www.Somermistfarm.com
    Hunter Ponies & Quality GSDs
    www.UnleashedK9.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dapple Dawn Farm View Post
    dab...I love your signature line!!!
    JW really has a way with words -- When I read this (it was in one of his PH articles), it reminded me of the moment during our first ride when I fell in love with my first horse -- She rocked back and blasted off at the base of a fence -- It was the first time I had ridden a really good jumper -- LOVE that feeling --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM

I wish I could help, but all I did today was hop on out-of-shape/wants-to-be-lame pony for 15 minutes bareback (hunched up in a shivering ball letting him steer). I didn't even groom #2, who really needed a good 45+ minutes hack. 17 degrees is just too damn cold after a few days of 55 degree weather.

Aw, come on guys...you're not helping much!

I can't help you either. Yesterday the high was 15, today it was 10. I didn't go to the barn as planned either day.

It's just not worth it when it's that cold. I'll wait a few days until it's (hopefully) above freezing again.

50 this past Friday REALLY spoiled me.

Not to be rude buuuuut, quit being a ninny and get out there! Your horses are in the cold .. ALL THE TIME! (and I know they have a big fur coat, but just do it)

Ignore the fact that I'm from Houston

Now that's what I'm talkin' about ponyjumper525

Go ride! You will feel great once you do I feel so blessed to live in GA where it has been 70 the past couple days. Hopefully the north will warm up soon!

I'd GLADLY go out and ride in the 18 degree weather if someone would kindly write my psyc paper and do my stats work for me...

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by jump4me View Post
    I'd GLADLY go out and ride in the 18 degree weather if someone would kindly write my psyc paper and do my stats work for me...
    I'll do all your stats if you run my participants this afternoon!

Now! OP! Get your sorry butt out there and ride! You'll warm up while doing it, especially if your horse reacts to the cold by suddenly becoming a fire-breathing monster! What are you, five? Get out there you ninny!

Sincerely,
    Went out to do supplements and rug up, looked at horse knee deep in hay in the field, shrugged, scratched horse's ears for awhile, went home. My excuse is I have a cold and can't breathe!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by ponyjumper525 View Post
    Not to be rude buuuuut, quit being a ninny and get out there! Your horses are in the cold .. ALL THE TIME! (and I know they have a big fur coat, but just do it)

Ignore the fact that I'm from Houston
    Yeah, you stinker... What is it down there... 75 or 80?

It normally doesn't get super cold here, but it is ALWAYS raining and the mud... holy crap with the mud! Everything is covered in mud!

When it was super cold in Iowa (we get multiple weeks of single digits or colder in the winter), I always felt better when I went out to the barn. Layer up and stay warm by working at the farm. Cold? Pick your pony's stall, play in the arena with your horse (on of my favorite things to do), ride bareback, etc.

YOU WILL FEEL BETTER! ADMIT IT!
    Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
    Top Shelf "Charlie"
    Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

Your horse will enjoy your company and the chance to please you! They look forward to our visits especially those involving treats.

Not a kick in the a@@ but a guilt trip.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

sorry. I DO not ride my OTTB when it's below 20. It's just too cold and he is too distracted. NOT worth it. You will get no encouragement from me. I am a ninny, right there with you.

Quote Originally Posted by hollynanne View Post
    Yeah, you stinker... What is it down there... 75 or 80?
    Heheh 75 and I've already gotten a farmer's tan

Buuuut my summer's are 110+ (but i'd take hot over cold anyday - I say that in the summer too!)

horsecents...ah, the guilt trip...it works every time

Ugh I don't want to go out either! And I'm a really big ninny- I can't tell you the last time I really rode. But then again, the ground is either rock solid or a mud pit and I don't have any sort of ring. I have to layer up and head out in the next few minutes to feed. But at least they all have blankets on and are turned out with access to their stalls!