The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bargain Priced Jumper Stallions

OK -- this is for a friend of mine, so I don't know what the mare looks like. My friend was recently given a mare by Welcome S o/o a TB mare. Apparently this mare has some good success with a junior in the (either) jumper or hunter scene.

She asked me about jumper stallions and since I breed almost totally for dressage (outside my Tekes), I am somewhat at a loss.

So who does you guys feel is a "good deal" for stallions in the USA (no frozen, please) in terms of quality, price AND marketibilty. When I say that, I don't mean only proven athletic ability. Younger stallions are ok, if they are proving to have a strong market for their foals thus far.

My friend wants to just turn her out with the local Teke stallion, but I tried to tell her the WB market is far stronger that Teke half-breds (especially if they don't have color).

So if my pals on COTH (or even my enemies ) could help me out - -for now, don't worry about registries, etc. I'll sort all that out. Just names & a contact start if possible.

Thanks.

I dont know if this would work for you at all, but because of all the CM hassle to Canada, I have a breeding to Scimitar that I wont use, and I will sell it for $600 USD. let me know! ( he is Sylvio I- Calypso II)
    Healthy Chocolate lets me live the lifestyle I want in order to enjoy the horses I love.

http://www.xocaichocolatehealth.com
    http://www.matchmakerequine.com

I see three suitable jumper stallions in the AHS auction that currently have no bids. If they end up going second round in three days - they will be huge steals.

One is a freshman stallion that is fairly unknown that is a steal right now - and has the type in the pedigree that should cross well with Welcome S - yet keep and perhaps enhance the jump.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Doesn't the Oldenburg auction have several jumpers left, and all with really low "2nd chance" buy prices (like $300!!?!?!?!?).

Well - I have Winner available through Early Booking Discounts at right now for February he is $800.00 plus a $275.00 booking fee which includes the first collection

He showed at won at the GP level in Europe for many years, has had and still has several offspring competing at the GP level in Europe.

VERY nice stallion that puts an incredible jump on all of his offspring!

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/TrueCol...rm/Winner.html