The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Now THIS is customer service

I ordered a medium weight turnout blanket for my large pony from The Cheshire Horse. It was on a special closeout sale price of $89.

Well, it turns out that there must of been an error in the inventory system because they searched everywhere and could not find that particular turnout in my pony's size, even though the computer said there was 1 left.

That's OK, stuff happens. But wait! They then offered to send me a higher quality version turnout that was not on closeout sale, that listed for $149, at the $89 price to make up for their inventory error! How awesome is that?

But it gets even better....I had this conversation with them regarding adjusting the turnout order at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. They still somehow managed to get the box shipped out yesterday and according to the tracking notice I just received, FedEx Ground will be delivering it to my house TODAY.

Customer service, at its best, right there.

The Cheshire Horse has, hands down, the best customer service in addition to some of the best prices out there. I pimp them on here every chance I get.....their store is neat, clean, and tidy if you're close enough to make the drive (I drive from about 45 min away despite there being closer tack places) and if not, then they are about to launch a new and improved website for ordering online.

Ooh, I have one too!

I ordered a pile of stuff from Just For Ponies for our little 10.2h shetland. Warren, bless his heart, looked over the order and thought something was off. So before just blindly shipping me everything, he called me and went through the order line by line, going over the sizing on everything. Turns out he was right and I was off on just about everything! We spent several days going back and forth and measuring and whatnot, and he ended up selling me a bridle that cost *less* than the one I had originally ordered, but fit perfectly when it arrived.

Just awesome!! I've ordered from them several times since and have sung his praises many times
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

I never heard of them, but I have now bookmarked them, as I will be needing an adjustable breast collar soon.

I have ordered basic supplies thru Valleyvet and they have always been fairly priced, as described and quick with their service.
    Internet shopping some times is easier than going thru several stores here and there and still not finding what I need.

I can vouch for how awesome the Cheshire Horse is too - I have had great experiences with them from all sides!

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Thumbs up

I also have had transactions with the CHeshire Horse, on eBay. Wonderful customer service. Would happily buy from them again.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation. Just bookmarked them.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Bookmarked too, thanks.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

which store have you guys been dealing with, the NH one, or the NY one? i'm assuming the main, NH store, as i've had less than good luck dealing with the NY store.

My all time favorite horse supply stores are Smartpak and Cheshire Horse.

I can shop at Cheshire horse and they have lots of things I can't find anywhere else.
    They also carry Horse Quencher and tons of supplements. Plus, there blanket sales are wonderful.

I also like Adams Horse Supply, but not the same in ways of customer service as Smartpak or Cheshire Horse.
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

I went out searching for a brown Tekna dressage saddle for a growing horse of mine. Contacted several Tekna dealers (including horseloverz) and was told I couldn't get it in brown.

Marianne at the Cheshire Horse NH contacted the supplier directly and said yes, they could get one. Not only that but it wasn't more expensive than the black - which is nearly $100 cheaper than the one at horseloverz.

Not only that but she asked me if I wanted to have a week with the trial saddle before ordering the brown, just to be sure of fit. The trial saddle showed up the next day.

SUPER to work with, highly recommend!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithfizz View Post
    Ooh, I have one too!

I ordered a pile of stuff from Just For Ponies for our little 10.2h shetland. Warren, bless his heart, looked over the order and thought something was off. So before just blindly shipping me everything, he called me and went through the order line by line, going over the sizing on everything. Turns out he was right and I was off on just about everything! We spent several days going back and forth and measuring and whatnot, and he ended up selling me a bridle that cost *less* than the one I had originally ordered, but fit perfectly when it arrived.

Just awesome!! I've ordered from them several times since and have sung his praises many times
    I had very good luck with them when I was looking for a new halter for my mini. I gave them the measurements of the old worn one she came with and they sent exactly the right size. I'd tried a couple from local tack shops before that and they just didn't fit her.

VTO did the same thing for me a while back with paddock boots. I'd placed the order online for one of their closeout pairs, and in 20 minutes someone CALLED ME ON THE PHONE to say how sorry they were, but the last pair had been sold. Would it be okay if they sent me a pair that was much more expensive for the same closeout price?!

I <heart> VTO.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I just joined their sale announcement and put in a request for a catalog when they get one ready. I'm always down for good customer service! And to throw this out, in the last two weeks I've:

Called Smartpak to ask about a brand of tall boots they offer that I had never heard of, and ordered them (hoping they fit!)
    Called Beval because my browser popped up a warning about ordering online, saying the security certificate was from a different site. I placed the order on the phone after talking to her about it, she said a lot of people are mentioning it, that's safe to order from, just two different sites involved in the process seems to alarm some browsers *ahem* Firefox, I love you, you are so over-protective!! Anyways, she was great on the phone, said one of the pads I ordered would need to be ordered from another store and it's already in the mail!

Great customer service rocks!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.