The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Age of horse by pic of teeth help

I am trying to ID a horse on the ac4h.com websiite. I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out his age by looking at his teeth. I copied the picture of his teeth here:
    http://ac4h.com/2-8-11BOHorses%20204.JPG
    If that doesn't work, he's the bay saddlebred on the broker owned page 2.
    Thanks for the help!
    Cydney

the link doesn't work. I am not going to the page, that's how I ended up with a new horse I didn't need! Good luck though. Is there any other way to post the picture.

Close to 20...give or take..but he looks bright enough.
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

yeah I would say 18-19 but I like an older horse myself!

Thanks for the replies! I know there is controversy about AC4H, but I have already received 2 from previously there that I absolutely love! I know have been lucky though...
    I went to school and graduated with an Equine Science degree. I was taught how to age a horse by his teeth but I guess I haven't used it enough (ever really) to really remember how to tell a horse's relative age. I also don't have the literature that helped me learn how to tell a horse's age. I wish I would have kept ALL of my equine related homework and study guides.....
    Anyway, is there an Online resource that explains how to tell the age of a horse by its teeth?
    I really like this horse. I could use another school horse and a an Academy Saddle Seat horse with an upright neck, like he has, really shows the kids off well... I don't know if I need another 20 year old though. Both of my best ones are the exact same age and the reason I could use another one is because they are beginning to show their age... AC4H also can make no promises on ride-ability of their horses so I would be taking a big risk to buy him.
    It's too late, anyway. Right? Don't they close at 4pm on fridays?

Cydney

Come on Cyd, you know that Cyber is just itching to be a schoolie! ROFLMAO!!!! Altho, he would be fun to put the kid who thought she knew how to ride on ...

I do need to come visit ...

As I remember AAEP site has info on aging a horse by his teeth.
    Colored Cowhorse Ranch
    www.coloredcowhorseranch.com
    Northern NV

It appears the galvaynes groove is all the way down the tooth thus around 20ish would be a close guesstimate.

Default Cyber

Quote Originally Posted by CA ASB View Post
    Come on Cyd, you know that Cyber is just itching to be a schoolie! ROFLMAO!!!! Altho, he would be fun to put the kid who thought she knew how to ride on ...

I do need to come visit ...
    Oh please come for a visit!! We were just talking about you today because I used your hoof glitter technique for a girls birthday party, it was such a hit! Cyber will NEVER be a lesson horse, lol. Right now he's just the Boss of his pasture. I have only let one person ride him, other than me, in the past 2 years. She actually did a great job. She is an accomplished show rider though. He needs to belong to you so he can wear silver for a living. He really thought that was the Bee's Knees! I have a lot more pics of him from that performance that I need to scan and get online to share.

To everyone else, thanks for your help in aging that horse. I also apologize for all of the grammatical errors in my postings. I use to be an excellent english student I guess I need to stop watching TV while I type on COTH.

~Cydney

Pa-eternally laboring in the infinite creative and sustentative work of the universe

IN GOD WE TRUST
    OTTB's ready to show/event/jumpers. Track ponies for perfect trail partners.
    http://www.horseville.com/php/search...=1&ssid=057680