The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gramy's

Go...........

1. Glad Beiber didn't win......sick of him being pushed down my throat at every chance

2. Puff Daddy, or whatever you are called this week....you are too old for yucky teeth grills, they are gross and you cannot talk very well to top it off

3. Mike Jagger...Dude YOU ROCK.....all the other "pop stars" were you watching? THAT is how you bring down the house!!

4. Rihanna........one word "vagazzled"

5. Lady Gaga.......don't thank Witney thank Madonna!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Sorry. Couldn't get through your post or take you seriously-
    1. Bieber
    3. Mick Jagger
    5. Whitney
    and GRAMMY

If you are going to criticize or comment, please spell their names right! I am sure they work hard to get to where they are.

**please disregard if you have a disability that prevents this..... it just really bugs me when people can't spell names right when they are criticizing or praising something. Maybe it's just me.

Eclipse I am with you 100 % especially when it comes to Justin Bieber. Yes he can play instruments, and yes he can sing to an extent. However, I don't find him to be all that spectacular. Perhaps it is because every time he gives an interview it sounds like a 5 year old is responding. "I would like to thank Michael Jackson because without him none of this would be possible."

I don't understand the need for grills. In any situation.

Rihanna.... I don't even know where to start. Maybe with the Christmas garland dress she wore that was literally see through to every extent. Or perhaps her performance with Drake where he was basically her pole while she bent over and slid up and down his body.

That would be the point when I turned off the Grammy's.
    You're trying to do something normal people wouldn't do because they're terrified they might fail. -Boyd Martin

eclipse is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Err, I do have Dyslexia and generally try to use Word to spell check but didn't this time! Nobody's actually ever picked up on it before......you're the first!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

it's ok! I understand! I can get OCD about spelling though..
    Side note, agreed, rihanna's dress was yucky, as was gaga's egg.

Lady Gag-Gag?

I kind of laughed this morning reading how the Bieber fan-nerds went all ballistic because he didn't win...

I don't seriously recall having heard anything from him ever....probably a cute song I think id from a girl. (I think somebody here on COTH said he's dumb as a rock IRL...)
    Well, he'll be back next year and bring a few home he said....

Did Miss Spalding perform, the one that actually one best new artist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I only watched when The Avett Bros and Mumford & Sons were on....so fantastic!!!

The rest of those people can f-off....boring. Well, not Arcade Fire....I love them too.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Quote Originally Posted by sisu27 View Post
    I only watched when The Avett Bros and Mumford & Sons were on....so fantastic!!!

The rest of those people can f-off....boring. Well, not Arcade Fire....I love them too.
    I <3 mumford and sons....

Default I thought...

It was the Lady Antebellum show....

Am I the only one that just doesn't get Lady Gaga? I really don't understand her.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by dani0303 View Post
    Am I the only one that just doesn't get Lady Gaga? I really don't understand her.
    LOL, if you only sing soso, you have to find a way to push yourself in front of the cameras...

(Her songs have a good beat, I just wish the lyrics were as good so you don't have to feel like a dork singing them in the car...Paparazzi actually makes a good band song, go figure)
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I think you have to be between 10 and 12 to appreciate Justin Bieber. My daughter is 13, last year every thing was Justin Bieber. He was plastered all over her room. Now she's moved on to other things. I think Bieber is mildly talented somewhere along the lines of Davey Jones, Shawn Cassidy and other pretty boy singers of my youth. Now you know I'm ancient.
    Lady Gaga is just bizarre and I've never heard of the others. Personally I listen to classical music and occasionally oldies rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    LOL, if you only sing soso, you have to find a way to push yourself in front of the cameras...
    Have you heard her sing live and/or doing a slower ballad-y type of song without all the electronic backing? She's actually pretty good. She DOES have a voice.

With that said... as talented as she may be, the theatrics are sure getting old. An EGG? Seriously. Get over yourself, Gaga.

Rihanna pole dancing on Drake was just awkward. She sounded pretty good earlier with Eminem, though.

The opening of the show with the five ladies was highly impressive, I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Across Sicily View Post
    Have you heard her sing live and/or doing a slower ballad-y type of song without all the electronic backing? She's actually pretty good. She DOES have a voice.

With that said... as talented as she may be, the theatrics are sure getting old. An EGG? Seriously. Get over yourself, Gaga.

Rihanna pole dancing on Drake was just awkward. She sounded pretty good earlier with Eminem, though.

lol, there are a million starlets out there that can sing as well...to stand out you gotta put on the, well, not the Ritz, but you get my drift.

Her music isn't bad - I just don't want my 13 y.o. seeing the videos. My 18 y.o. stepson showed me the Lady Gaga "whale" video... he thinks she's "got talent" Jeez!!! For lap-dancing perhaps???

Quote Originally Posted by Across Sicily View Post

I am disappointed that most of the pop singers today can't sing live! I like Rihanna and Katy Perry's songs on the radio, but both of them were off key on parts of their preformances. It seems like it has become all about the dog and pony show and not the music. And I agree with the statement that Lady Ga Ga is a total Madonna ripoff!

I think Muse is brilliant and love Mumford and Sons. The best joke of the night was Letterman and his quip that Bieber's hair was a piece!!
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

I think Gaga's egg/womb was actually pretty cool, and it fit with her performing 'Born This Way'.

I'm surprised country singers won so many of the big awards. I love Eminem and I'm very surprised that he walked away with only two out of ten awards. His performance with Dr. Dre and Rihanna blew the house down for sure.
    Proud mother to Matt, a 18 year-old TB gelding.

FOREVER

I liked Gaga's egg also. Her win with Bad Romance was well deserved.

I like Lady Gaga, although I don't think the egg was her best performance. She is actually a decent singer, much better than most other pop stars live. I don't mind the silly costumes--I loved Ceelo Green's gladiator-chicken-on-E last night, too!

LOVE Mumford and Sons, and I was psyched the Arcade Fire won! It's nice to see something kind of offbeat on mainstream TV.

I kind of already wrote my opinion of the Grammy's on the Bieber thread but I'll repeat some of it here.
    I would love to know why that Esperanza girl won Best New Artist over Mumford & Sons and Florence and the Machine.
    I thought Bruno Mars retro thing was pretty cool. As was Norah Jones, John Mayer, and Keith Urban's version of Jolene.
    Katy Perry and Miranda Lambert sounded incredibly weak and if they auditioned anonymously for American Idol I don't think they'd even make it to Hollywood. In fact I think a lot of the contestants of the new Am Idol season have a lot more vocal ability than some of the performers last night.
    Mick Jagger was good, but I was really hoping he would sing a Rolling Stones song like Play with Fire or Paint it Black.
    Mumford & Sons' performance was AWESOME! Definitely one of the highlights of the night.
    I wish Bob Dylan hadn't performed, I'd rather just remember him as he was in his youth. Last night's version of Maggie's Farm didn't even sound like Maggie's Farm.
    I don't understand why Lady Antebellum won so.many.awards. I liked that song when it first came out but I am so sick of hearing it by now!
    I was very happy to find out that the Black Keys won several categories, because they are AMAZING!