The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I hate Valentine's Day

And Mother's day, while we are at it....

Those are the 2 days of the year where you get smothered in 'love', if you want it or not. Tomorrow and yesterday, forget it!

Last night I got into an argument with my DH (variable meanings abound).

He works nights, so a sit down dinner is normally out of the question.

The he springs it on me, he's be going in in the morning - 5AM.

And if I wanted to go to the restaurant. Well, I can't convey the tone. I think we already argued about something or other, anyhow on the 13th he thinks he can waltz into the restaurant on the 14th and have a nice dinner...

I am having bleeding ulcers just thinking about tonight. I am SURE there will be one jerk sparking the utter jerkness that can be my DH....

Oh, and after I stayed up late to make sure his clothes are ready for work, got up WAY early this morning to make sure they actually dried....he tells me that he isn't going in anyhow....

Needless to say was not all loving this morning....probably won't be for a while...

Now I am just waiting for the apology: the supersized chocolate sampler that is not really good and that everybody digs in so that I have to scamble to eat the pieces I like before the Locust hit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

I'm with you. All this forced "love" is stupid.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

You remember the phrase, "when I didn't have a shirt, I saw a man without shoes"?

Well, I don't feel sorry for you, because at least you have someone to fight with.

Honestly, life is too short to get mad and if you can't help getting mad, to stay mad for very long.

CHEER UP! Smile and the world will look brighter, even on the hated Valentine Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You remember the phrase, "when I didn't have a shirt, I saw a man without shoes"?

Well, I don't feel sorry for you, because at least you have someone to fight with.

Honestly, life is too short to get mad and if you can't help getting mad, to stay mad for very long.

CHEER UP! Smile and the world will look brighter, even on the hated Valentine Day.

^_^ trying that.

Bu frankly I would not mind having nobody to fight with.
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    ^_^ trying that.

Bu frankly I would not mind having nobody to fight with.
    That is your choice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That is your choice also.

I suppose....

no, not really. If it's not this obligation, it's another...I am not seeing the 'nobody to fight with' for a while...

I'm sorry I'm giggling and yeah we all know life is too short to be gripping and moaning. But how would that be fun? LOL!

I hate VD too because I hate all things with big stupid expectations. I'm guessing most relationships fail due to stupid expectations on both parties. I only ever have one expectation, if you're with me respect me, yourself, and others. Other than that you're free to do as you please. Things are simple then, but it's too darn easy.

Gack, love!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Oh forgot to add, time to get out the Klassy Boxed Wine!

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Oh forgot to add, time to get out the Klassy Boxed Wine!

Terri

I hate Valentine's Day too!!

Being single and having to listen to all the gushy lovey stuff blah...lol!

There are several holidays a year that are simply commercial holidays to make people spend money....Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween....I could do without them all. I am not bitter either, I am married with a fabulous daughter but all these holidays are just annoying. Seriously I don't need more candy or another knick knack around the house, but thanks anyways.