The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

BVTB4 Guest

Cool Working Student?

Does anyone know of any really good working student positions available at any eventing barns? It would be preferable for them to be in the Midwest or East Coast of the United States seeing as I live in Illinois. I know that you shouldn't limit yourself to just looking for work with top eventers, but in my opinion, I feel you can get a much bigger experience when working with a top rider. Would anyone know if Buck Davidson takes working students and would it be weird to email him(or anyone else) asking? Thanks!!!

Becky Holder takes working students in the winter at her farm in NC; no idea about open spots though.

Yes Buck has working students....just call or email him and ask if he has any openings and ask for the details. He is in Fla right now usually until late April or so.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

BVTB4
    You have a PM

Rebecca Howard was looking for a WS-she's down at the Fork-did you check yard and groom ads?

Also, check the USEA and area classified sites because sometimes they are posted there. Also, many of the riders will put a notice on their website if they are looking for someone so that is always a good thing to check out. You can also email riders if there is someone in particular you would be interested in working for and see if they have any openings. Good Luck!