The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hunt Coats Stolen from "The Collection" at HITS Ocala

Posting this for Robin at The Collection.

From The Collection's FB page: "If you are at HITS, OCALA, or another AREA horse show and someone offers new ladies hunt coats out of their stall or car trunk, please let me know - we had 60+ new hunt coats stolen yesterday! Brand new black on black fabric, brown plaid, and maybe navy pinstripe. 585-739-7096 call or text me, please, REWARD for info... Thanks"

Please everyone keep eyes out for leads for her.

Well that just sucks. So sorry to hear that! What were the circumstances of the theft? Any strange goings on anyone knows about? Jingling from Michigan for them to find their coats!
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer

I have seen saddles, and other boxes of inventory simply sitting out at the "mail tent" making it a fairly easy target for those inclined to be thieves. Just yesterday there was a saddle just sitting there. I am not sure of the circumstances of these thefts but I personally would NOT leave my saddle/tailored sportsman/medications/any shipped inventory laying there just waiting for some low life to lift it. Sadly, that is how it is now a days....this is disgraceful. Some people have no conscience or shame. I am so sorry that this happened. I would suggest that the thief/thieves might not fence the stuff in this area so everyone should keep an eye out (Ebay, Craig's list etc) for the ill gotten booty. Shameful.
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

I've often thought that it might be a good use of $$ for the show management to hire one or two off duty police officers during the night hours (say 6 pm to 6 am) to patrol the grounds and keep an eye on things. Of course the night watch people are great for the horses, but they are worth nothing if someone shows up to steal or have some other intent.
    Yes i know there are braiders etc on the grounds at night but they and other folks should be paying attention to what they are there to do, and those that aren't, well there is something for the off duty officers to deal with.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

That's Florida! We had a hard time beating thieves off our spare parts in pit lane at the Miami Grand Prix !
    ... _. ._ .._. .._