The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

PippiLongStockings Guest

Default Stallion Test Results?

Hi, I'm just curious if anyone knows where I can find the results for stallion testing done in Germany.

My instructor was just given a Hanoverian gelding who was imported from Germany as a four year old (given free since he had not been ridden since shortly after he was imported). He was gelded after being imported I believe and was a certified as a stallion before being imported. He was born in 1996 and I have found his pedigree but not his stallion test score.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
    The horse's name is White Man. He is by Weltmeyer and out of Bettina.

Send me his lifetime number and I'll try to look it up on Monday. This was a long time ago, so I may not be able to access it. If not, you should be able to get it from the Hanoverian Verband.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

How old is He now?
    He May just have been Licenced And never done any testing!

Best to search by name.
    Good luck
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

PippiLongStockings Guest

He is 14 now. I know he did testing because my instructor's neighbor looked to buy him two years ago and did a lot of research on him then (he ended up wanting a younger horse) and found his test scores. Since it was two years ago he doesn't know where he found them.

His lifetime number is 314905996.
    The Hanoverian Verband website is in German so I'm having trouble finding anything on it...Not sure if there is an option to have it in English, as I said I can't find anything.

There was a website that has not be renewed for this year that had all the licensing, testing and current sales news of stallions in Germany. If I had known it was going to expire, I would have printed out all the results and could look this up for you lickety split. Sorry.

I had shown it to a friend of mine (native German) and she said that all that info was available on the FN website or through the FN.

Good luck with your search.

The Verband website has an English version. I would contact the office with your question. Funny, but I sort of remember reading that name in one of the old Hannoveraner magazines.

http://www.hannoveraner.com/87.html

Default Whiteman

I looked up the scores for you. Here you go:
    According to the FN Yearbook Whiteman 314905996 by Weltmeyer was tested at Neustadt/Dosse from 06/28/99 through 10/06/99
    Dressage Index 103.10 Jumping Index 43.28 Overall score 68.18
    Individual scores: character 7.0 - temperament 7.0 - willingness to perform 7.0 -rideability 8.5 - trot 8.67 - canter 8.33 - walk 7.33 - loose jumping 5.84 -jumping under saddle 5.0 - Jumping crosscountry 2.33
    Hope this is helpful,
    Brigitta

That's probably why they called him Whiteman.... as in the movie "White Men Can't Jump!"
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    That's probably why they called him Whiteman.... as in the movie "White Men Can't Jump!"
    ROFLMAO!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

That's great, Siegi. He he.

Gait scores and rideability were well regarded.

Horse could not jump so those scores brought him down.

Specialization would have painted a different picture.

PippiLongStockings Guest

Thanks guys! That's really helpful.
    I really appreciate you finding those for me Brigitta my instructor will be thrilled

LOL could be. He honestly doesn't look like he can jump at all. He has a really drafty build, just thick and sturdy. He is a beautiful mover though. When my instructor was riding him yesterday he did a near perfect half-pass when she hadn't even tried to ask for it. It was kinda funny cause she was just trying to ask for a straight line and he kept going sideways but he looked pretty awesome doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by siegi b. View Post
    That is GREAT! Hope she doesn't intend to do much jumping with her new project!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com