The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help me find the fold-down spurs

I am so tired of tripping over mine! I am so uncoordinated it's stupid. I saw a pair a while back somewhere that fold down when not in use. I should have bought them then. I sometimes wear them for flatting but often take them off when I jump so they would be handy for that too, but mostly I just want to stop getting tangled in mine.

I realize many of you may be scratching your heads right now wondering what the big deal is, as most of you are probably perfectly able to walk and wear spurs, but alas, grace and coordination escape me.

I have googled and I can't find them anywhere. There is a picture on horseloverz.com but the caption doesn't match. I'll see if I can post a link.

I actually think I used to have some of these...the problem was, they were probably cheap and would fold down when I poked the horsey in the sides.

But as to where to find them...it was years ago and I can't remember where I ever got these from!

I nearly killed myself a couple times when I used to wear swan neck spurs, so I feel your pain.

Here you go: http://www.equinenow.com/store-item-1034
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

Thank you, and I am very much relieved to know I am not alone in my clumsyness.

My barnmate walks gracefully in the big western spurs with a long neck and rowel, and I can't stay out of my own way in 1" long POWs. It's shameful.

You are not alone, I have done it a time or two when I am not paying attention to what I am doing. One time I got caught up in something and went done on my face, the only saving grace was that I was by myself and no one seen it.
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed