The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Whether zippers are frowned upon or not depends on the hunt. If it is a "fashion police" hunt you may get grief. We, including myself, have quite a few members with Mountain Horse boots with zippers. As someone once said, if they notice what you are wearing as you gallop by then they are watching the wrong thing.

I wear Ariat Fatbaby boots, because they are really comfy and they aren't expensive.
    Love riding boots

I'm in the minority, but I love my Dublins. I have the Aristocrats, which I believe is a discontinue style at this point, but they're awesome. I abuse the heck out of mine, but they clean up and look new every week.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneABC View Post
    I wear Ariat Fatbaby boots, because they are really comfy and they aren't expensive.
    You do realize you are on a fox hunting forum, correct? Aren't those boots western?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Dehner. No question. I have two pairs of their black strap tanker boots I wore every day for 20 years as an armor officer in the US Army. Then the Army went to tan (suede) boots, I had a pair made, and have worn them every day for the last seven. I have a pair of brown field boots (three-buckle) for daily riding and informal hunting and a pair of black dress for hunting (worn with Dress Blue uniform). The tanker boots (black and suede) have held up through four desert deployments, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and Afghanistan. I'm still wearing them every day.

They'll bury me in my Dehners, and I will have a pair caparison in the riderless mount behind my caisson.

3 members found this post helpful.

Mountain Horse supreme. Or new mountain horse terra nova fortunately my hunt is not overly concerned about what I have on my feet!