The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Area VIII FEH

I keep checking the FEH site and I see Winona just added one. YAY! Anyone know of any others in Area VIII this year? I have a yearling that I want to take to a couple but there don't seem to be any

Thanks!
    There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse-Robert Smith Surtees
    Breeding TBs, Connemaras and TB/Conn crosses for eventing
    www.twistoffateeventing.com

Wow, they got that one up quick, I just added it yesterday. Hope to see you and your yearling.

Jackie

We're having FEH on Friday of our Horse Trials this year.

IEA will have FEH, Dressage for the T3DE, N3DE and Prelim on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by JFS View Post
    Wow, they got that one up quick, I just added it yesterday. Hope to see you and your yearling.

Jackie
    That's good service!

The folks at the USEA office do a great job

I hope Area 1 has something to offer Would love to bring her along, though I'd have my hands full!

I wish we could have on at a KY horse trial... I have a slew of babies I'd love to take, but it's hard to take a bunch of babies to an out of town horse trial when you're also intending on hauling competition and student horses.

Would there be any interest in one in Lexington KY if any of the organizers were willing? Or YEH? I don't know that they're willing, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to ask? All the organizers here are already crazy busy, but they're also AMAZING women.

I am also in Lexington, and have at least 4 babies that I would love to get to the FEH this year. I agree that it is tough to haul a distance with the
    for the FEH classes, but is doable with the right baby. Last September we hauled 8 hrs to GA for the FEH at cedar ridge with a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old. They did great, but would be concerned about hauling my 3 yearlings that far. I am already excited the new FEH classes added to area VIII, and do plan on attending, but would be so happy to have somewhere local to get these babies out.

We did the demo at rolex last year and there was some talk of turning the demo into an actual FEH show.....haven't heard anything else about it, but that would be a great venue.

Johanna
    "Animals can sometimes take us to a place that we cannot reach ourself"

** Support the classic Three Day Event! Ride a Long Format **

Just ask the organizers. Or in my case pester the he$# out of her until she relents Generally speaking the day before the event the POG is on the grounds anyway and usually done with their official duties some time after 3:00. But the judge needs to have experience in the FEH or YEH and be willing to do it.

For those who live close enough, I'm happy to have a FEH practice session after our spring dressage show/clinic on April 23. E-mail me if you're interested.

Jackie@Stonegatefarm.org

I may be out of date, but I don't believe a certified judge is required for a FEH class so there may be more flexibility in scheduling than a lot of people know. would appreciate correction if this isn't accurate.

I would love for there to be a couple of them in Lexington!! That's where I go for shows and would throw her on the trailer too for any of those. And next year I'll have several that I can bring
    There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse-Robert Smith Surtees

The only one in Area VIII that I see on the website is Winona. Are there others? What event are you referring to LAZ? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by twistoffate View Post
    The only one in Area VIII that I see on the website is Winona. Are there others? What event are you referring to LAZ? Thanks!!
    IEA HT on June 1-5. The YEH will be Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZ View Post
    IEA HT on June 1-5. The YEH will be Friday.
    SCORE!
    You know you're a horse person when your mother, who has no grandchildren, gets cards addressed to Grandma, signed by the horses, cats, and dogs.

You don't have to have a specific license to judge them, but it is recommended that you attend a training session and I believe they have a list. That being said, no on asked me who my judge is going to be, but I know she has experience and she attended the same training session that I did

Jackie