The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone watching the USEF training sessions?

Just curious if anyone has been or is planning to go watch any of the training sessions. I'm in Aiken and thought it might be a good opportunity to see some top riding without an audit fee. Are they generally happy to see spectators? Any rules to follow other than typical auditing courtesies?

You better get right over there and report back, in detail, bc I am supposed to be there, sitting on the rail watching but am instead in MAINE, watching my horse lose his mind on stall rest!

Sessions are at Three Runs. EN has the schedule. Drive in slowly, you'll pass the ring on your left as you go in. Park, walk quietly over and slip your buns down on the rail around the ring. Sit and be amazed. Take pix, have a ball.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

i was there on Sunday for a spell for the dressage sessions and found it really interesting. It was nice to be able to sit up so close and hear the entire lesson.

I've watched a few over the years (in Aiken and when they were still held at More Park, including sj lessons with GM!). Do it. Totally worth it.

EN said there were only about 20 spectators on Sunday. That just amazes me. I guess there is just so much to do in Aiken that this doesn't get to the top of everyone's list? Seems like a phenomenal opportunity to get to audit a clinic of this caliber. And the price is certainly right!
    Hindsight bad, foresight good.

There was an event over the weekend, which may explain the attendance some. But, speaking from experience, we were often too busy with our own horses to go to every session. We went to a few here and there or would pop over at lunch for a bit. I would assume most are the same. Going to Aiken is not necessarily a vacation.

Yeah this morning was filled with riding horses. Tomorrow is another event. I'm going to try to pop over this afternoon since I doubt I will get there tomorrow.

I got over this afternoon and it was great! The highlight was watching Kim Severson in her dressage session. I was surprised at how few people were there to watch. I'm definitely going to try to get to as many of these as I can.