The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Anyone watching the bachelor (horse related)

On tonights bachelor, they are in costa rica and they are riding horses on their dates. They are followed by two little babys, maybe 3 to 6 months old. Is this normal? I have heard of people starting to ride their mares again with the babies in the ring but have never seen like trail rides with them following. Or allowing people who prob dont do much riding, ride horses that prob have not had much riding the past few months.

I am watching too! Seeing those foals was so odd. I thought they were props.

The one horse she was riding looked so young. I thought it was very odd too

On one of our 5 day Alaska pack trip (totally amazing BTW) one of the pack mares had her 4week old foal with her. We did probably 10 miles a day through brush 7 feet tall, up/down mountains, through creeks, etc. The area was an area they'd never camped before, so no trails or anything. The foal followed through everything and did just fine. Nothing mustangs didn't do with their foals!

What I found most odd, was that no one said, "Look at the cute baaabieeess!!" I would have been all over those little buggers. Of course, they would have wanted no part of me.

I was watching from behind the computer so they just kinda caught my eye. Dont know if they did a better shot of the babies or if you could only see them following. Babies are mighty cute like you said!!

agatha012 Guest

well buddy i just watched that cute babies..My mind and eyes didn't catch that horses..

Where did the horses go when they entered the bat cave.. and does anyone really have conversations like these on their dates?