The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stanley Tack Trunk!

Thanks for the great thread last week on the tack trunks, guys. We were at Home Depot last night, picking up some roofing stuff. I casually mentioned that the Stanley box is really popular at shows now.

Even hubby is happy with it. He climbed in it to try and fit in it! Sometimes, he acts like he's 7!

Anyway, packing it with some of our new show stuff for the IHSA show next weekend and a little schooling show on the mainland the following weekend. Yay!

Thanks so much COTHers!
    Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
    Top Shelf "Charlie"
    Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

we have 3 and love them - one for each of my sons and then I have one - great for shows and clinics - everything including saddles can fit inside and the pull out handle can even hold a saddle and act as a saddle rack - the lift out trays, wheels and locking features make it the perfect tack trunk

Love my Stanley! I took the bolt and plastic nut things that came with it and ran string across the inside of the lid - perfect for hanging gloves, double end snaps, etc.

The good news/bad news about them is that the all seem to be keyed alike. This is bad for security, but really good if you forget your trunk key - somebody is bound to have one!
    And nothing bad happened!

I love them, too! I have the big one as my extra storage trunk in the tack room, and the smaller one fits in my trailer's dressing room- my nice wooden trunk is too big. They are perfect!
    You can take a line and say it isn't straight- but that won't change its shape. Jets to Brazil

I'm planning to get one for this eventing season - ran into a couple other Pony Club girls who raved about them and then started seeing people talking about their Stanley trunks all over COTH

Is it this one you're referring to? I need a temporary tack trunk and my old trainer used them...they're amazing!

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber
    "Riding a horse ... is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed."

Fearless-
    This is the one we have, but we're in the US....
    http://www.homedepot.com/Stanley/h_d...atalogId=10053

Yours looks like the same thing, but nicer...
    Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
    Top Shelf "Charlie"
    Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

Quote Originally Posted by jaslyn1701 View Post
    The good news/bad news about them is that the all seem to be keyed alike. This is bad for security, but really good if you forget your trunk key - somebody is bound to have one!
    You've ruined my semblance of safety and security! Ignorant me did not know this tidbit. Time for a padlock...