The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UPDATE: No longer headed to auction! 2 ex steeplechasers heading to Auction MD

See Xtrygirl post. These horses are now not going to sale. BUT they do need homes still. Cute horses. Myself I am working on finding some students of mine for them, but don't know if it will pan out.

So yay for COTH and I'm glad I posted this!
    Last edited by Couture TB; Mar. 24, 2011 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    Title says it all Just wondering if anyone on here knows either of these horses, particularly Looks Good Junic.
    Has 9-yr old "Looks Good Junic" been active in recent years? Jonathan Sheppard had him a couple years ago and the last start of record appears to be at Saratoga (over fences in the "Happy Intellectual Stakes") in August 2008.

I don't know if he has. But I am buying him That's why I wanted to know more about him

Looks Good has 2 races you can watch on Calracing.com

And Prep School has 3 on Calracing.com

I suggest you get a free registration over there and watch them.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I have seen Prep School run in person, didn't even remember Looks Good Junic.

Both have been inactive for quite some time though. Can't really give you much more than that. I liked Prep School when I saw him, though I like a lot of Shep's horses.

Just wanted to say Congrats! I have two NH horses. One is my broodmare and one is my 16yo retired gelding who still goes on hacks. Considering 7 years ago he came with a " it might be kinder to put him down" stigma, he's doing remarkably well. Love the two of them.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Ended up buying two horses an hour from me. Just a note: These two horses will be going to auction in April is what I was told

Couture TB, do you have contact info or any more info for those interested in these horses, then? Thanks much.

Trabern- I sent you a PM

Couture, who has them?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Anyone wants info on them I do have the phone number of the person in charge of selling them. But I will not give it to anyone that is going to call screaming at them. If you want to help and are able to purchase the horses then send me a PM.

Couture.. I don't need a number.. but if you could PM me the name... I am just curious. No yelling involved.

~Emily

Forgive me asking, but *what* auction are they being sold at? I mean, lots of horses run thru lots of auctions every day of the year. That's not always a bad thing. ??
    (sincerely asking - I may have failed to recognize they're at an auction that automatically sends horses to Mexico or something.)
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Just got the name from the seller this is the auction http://www.rsdhorseauctions.com/

Hunter's- TBs being run through auctions hardly seem to end up in a good place. Even up by me at the 'nicer' auctions anything that isn't a QH isn't going to sell for much.

The auction CoutureTB posted has a reputation. I think the photos on their website of goats on ropes and helmetless kids standing on ponies says a lot.

Not the most fitting venue to re-home a chaser.

Eyler's auction isn't the right place for those two, if it's not western it doesn't genereally sell well, and even then it has to fit a certain type.

It may have changed in the yr since I've been there, hope so for those two.

LBR
    I reject your reality, and substitute my own- Adam Savage

R.I.P Ron Smith, you'll be greatly missed

Don't Steeplechase folks know about CANTER, or a place like Mid Altantic Horse Adoption????

This really surprises me. The steeplechasing community is such a small, close knit group--everyone knows everyone. Most of them foxhunt as well, or at least know a lot of the members of local hunts.

It's a little strange to me these two horses don't have homes yet with there being so many contacts out there. Surely someone wants a new hunt horse

Heads up Couture, I sent you a Pm.

~Emily

Has anyone let J Sheppard know about these guys?