The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default There's hope!!

My younger son, raised around horses from about the age of 2, is a hopeless city child. He tolerated the horses (with the comment of "they're YOUR horses" on occasion) and that was about it. The older one eats, sleeps, lives with them and is a wonderful hand esp with youngsters. Younger one now lives near Cleveland and has a 2 year old son of his own. Wife has lived in that area for her entire life and has extended family there and not a horse person. Got a call last evening with the news that the grandson is playing with flashcards with pictures of various animals...and last evening said "horse" for the first time and then laughed. There's hope that the "horse gene" has managed to survive another generation!!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

Dang, I must be spending too much time on FaceBook, I was looking for the "like" button.

That is hopeful news.
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams

Aww how exciting! I swear sometimes it skips a generation-- my grandpa was a horseman but none of his kids followed suit. Then I came along, and was obsessed from an early age!

My son has a habit of doing loops in our family room, going from my daughter's Breyers, to my stack of horse books, to the rocking horse. He's only 9 months so I can't read too much into it but oh man does it make me excited.....!!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Default YES = HOPE INDEED !

Yes = HOPE INDEED ~

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS PLAN IN THE MAKING `
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

There's always hope. My son who is almost 6, got his pony over 2 years ago. He's ridden her a few times on leadline, but never has really clicked with horses, although he's now not scared of them.

He loves going into his pony's stall while she's eating and brushing her or just hanging out, then he'll lead her out (off side ) by her neck strap to the pasture....

I think he might ride once spring hits again...some of the boys may just take awhile to grow into horses maybe
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Did you buy the boy a pony yet? You know, for when he visits.

I bought our first grandson a pony whilst he was still in utero... problem is they live in Australia and the pony lives on my farm here

I have the feeling that my now two little thugs of red-headed grandson toddlers have some civilizing to do before they get to play with ponies, though. I think they'd scare pony to death right now.

I hope I get so lucky. I still have the pony that I bought for my son's 3rd birthday. My son is now 23. I joke with him - saying that he needs to hurry to give me grandchildren because his pony is not going to live forever. I know it's too early for my son to have kids, but I'd love to see my grandchildren ride Apache before he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by lcw579 View Post
    Did you buy the boy a pony yet? You know, for when he visits.
    Bred one..actually two but lost one to rattlesnake bite last spring...blue eyed bay tobiano Paint. Other is a half brother to the one I lost...solid bay with just a star, now a 4 year old and only about 14.1 so will be just perfect size-wise. Will be starting under saddle this summer as well as harness. Smart, friendly colt (will visit vet as well) with good manners and kind attitude. This is gonna be fun!!

Default ENJOY ~~~ PICTURE UPDATES PLEASE ? !

ENJOY ~ PLEASE PICTURE UPDATES ?!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN !
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"