The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    His name says it all!
    DITTO Bill !!! I have one on the way!!! Grande Desire.. My '10 broodmare champ and Dam of Devon winner Couture du Jour was bred to Amazing as he was being presented! He's wonderful in person....Luv the Blood on this one!
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

omare, that's a good question on the Voltaire, and I'm afraid I don't have a good answer. Maybe start a different thread and you might get some knowledgable input from some other breeders. And if you are local, feel free to come visit any time!
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

TWF--that's going to be one fantastic baby! What a great mare she is-can't wait to see this one!
    Cornerstone Equestrian

REALLY like this boy! Definitely one I have my eyes on!!!
    Animals are not disposable!!!
    http://www.pawsnela.org

Just wanted to update this since the first few foals have been born. So far he's had 5 hit the ground (first one was a preemie and didn't make it ) and of course, I think they are all beautiful! Three of them are absolutely miniature versions of papa, and one is going to be dark bay or black.

From what I've seen and been told so far, he is passing along his refined head, kind eye, compact frame, hindquarter structure, and super friendly temperament. The oldest is almost 3 weeks old, and I'm waiting on video to get an idea of movement, but have been told it's excellent.

There are a few pictures here, and I'll be adding more as I get them from mare owners...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...11167418928074
    Cornerstone Equestrian

Some day, when I'm ready to breed my mare....
    <day dreams>

Just wanted to update and brag a little that the one foal I bred this year was born yesterday and he's PERFECT! He's a mini me of daddy and the woman that foaled him for me has this to say...

"Out of all the foals I have had born on this farm (15+) this "AMAZING" colt has the absolute best temperament!! HIghly recommend him to all you mare owners out there...."

We could not be more excited about the way Amazing is stamping them in looks and temperament!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junior sleeping.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	33014  
    Cornerstone Equestrian

Like him allot and love his pedigree it is super!

Look forward to seeing him at shows and following him
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PrimaEquestrian

Quote Originally Posted by horsechick View Post
    Just wanted to update and brag a little that the one foal I bred this year was born yesterday and he's PERFECT! He's a mini me of daddy and the woman that foaled him for me has this to say...

"Out of all the foals I have had born on this farm (15+) this "AMAZING" colt has the absolute best temperament!! HIghly recommend him to all you mare owners out there...."

We could not be more excited about the way Amazing is stamping them in looks and temperament!
    Just love him!!! Seeing him and all of Amazing's other foals from this year will make my year long wait for our own Amazing foal that much longer and harder. Congrats to all.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

while he does look like a very nice, kind stallion - I do have to wonder about his sire and dam-sire - two stallions that are not known to be the easiest? wonder if that will come through in his foals?

Well his sire is known to give a fantastic mind and I can say now having two Balou foals this is the case plus I have seen many and they are like dogs with the biggest hearts you will find on any horse each and everyone I have ever touched or seen has been the same way. You could not ask for easier.

Our Balou foal Glowstick is by far the most laid back foal we have ever had I swear he would lay on his back for you and do anything you ask of him if only all foals were as easy and he is smart. He would follow us in the house if we let him and I would love to have him in our house if we could I just love being around him, he comes right up to you and will kiss your face.

Look at Popeye K he is a son of Voltaire and you could not ask for a better mind he is like a rock as are his foals, I love Voltaire blood! I would not call Popeye K hot nor does he produce hot, his foals are also like big dogs.

I suspect that Amazing has a great mind and work ethic given his bloodlines.
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prima Equestrian View Post
    Well his sire is known to give a fantastic mind and I can say now having two Balou foals this is the case plus I have seen many and they are like dogs with the biggest hearts you will find on any horse each and everyone I have ever touched or seen has been the same way. You could not ask for easier.

Our Balou foal Glowstick is by far the most laid back foal we have ever had I swear he would lay on his back for you and do anything you ask of him if only all foals were as easy and he is smart. He would follow us in the house if we let him and I would love to have him in our house if we could I just love being around him, he comes right up to you and will kiss your face.

Look at Popeye K he is a son of Voltaire and you could not ask for a better mind he is like a rock as are his foals, I love Voltaire blood! I would not call Popeye K hot nor does he produce hot, his foals are also like big dogs.

I suspect that Amazing has a great mind and work ethic given his bloodlines.
    Could not have said it better....I too was warned about these two bloodlines, but having had him now almost three years, he has been so, so easy. The only thing I would say is he is an overachiever and sometimes tries almost too hard. His disposition is truly that of a puppy dog though.
    Cornerstone Equestrian

Re doubling up on Voltaire, I would not suggest this, it depends on how far back it is but as a rule this is not seen.

Voltaire also crosses very well with direct Nimmerdor blood I have seen this cross used allot and it is very good. We are expecting a Voltaire x Emilion foal soon and we can not wait.

Voltaire is great with Balou blood hence the fantastic mind Amazing has as per his owner but many others who have seen or worked with him and you can also tell just look at his huge kind eye the eye tells one allot about a horse!

In my opinion, Balou needs some blood and Voltaire addes this very nicely. A mare I once almost purchased was a Voltaire x Indoctro and she was one of the most amazing horses I have ever seen her price was just more than I had to spend at the time otherwise she would be in our barn .
    Prima Equestrian
    KWPN GOLD Level Breeder
    www.primaequestrian.com

I couldn't agree more with this assessment of Popeye K
    "Look at Popeye K he is a son of Voltaire and you could not ask for a better mind he is like a rock as are his foals, I love Voltaire blood! I would not call Popeye K hot nor does he produce hot, his foals are also like big dogs."
    I've seen Pops in person sevreal times, and he is a big, loveable puppy dog of a horse. I actually saw him snoozing at the ingate at Wellington.

I bred my mare to him and the filly has a great mind. She has been quite easy to work with and will probably be kicking quiet. If I were to fault her temperment I would say she can be a bit obstinate at times but definitely not "hot".

Our Amazing filly is wonderful, so pretty, moves great and is very athletic, but also has that brain being mentioned. She never says no and is very easy to work with!! Can't wait to have another.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

Can someone please provide a link to the website for this stallion? Can't seem to find it.

Thank you!

And for those who have a FB account Amazing has his own page there as well. It has show pics and updates on his foals
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/pag...24022764291405
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Im bringing this back to the top b/c I have a question about confirmation.

Potential broodie is a little short in the neck, and someone mentioned they thought Amazing looked like he jumped downhill (?! I dont agree, but Im not solid on confirmation stuff). So my question would be, what would you look for in a mare to breed to him, confirmation wise? What would you stay away from?

I am in LOVE with this stallion, thanks to Worth A Shot Farm. So my daydreams consist of breeding to him one day or owning a baby by him.

thanks in advance!
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jewll27 View Post
    Im bringing this back to the top b/c I have a question about confirmation.

Potential broodie is a little short in the neck, and someone mentioned they thought Amazing looked like he jumped downhill (?! I dont agree, but Im not solid on confirmation stuff). So my question would be, what would you look for in a mare to breed to him, confirmation wise? What would you stay away from?

I am in LOVE with this stallion, thanks to Worth A Shot Farm. So my daydreams consist of breeding to him one day or owning a baby by him.

thanks in advance!
    Awwww, Thank you. Our colt by Amazing has been everything we could have ever asked for. He is well put together and has good conformation, he moves great and has the sweetest personality in the world. I brought him up to groom him this afternoon and he stood for 20 minutes ground tied while I brushed and loved on him.
    My mare needed added length of leg and a more substance being a TB. I got both. While my mare has a nicely shaped neck, It is far from long a swan like. Audi has a wonderful neck and I think it is in proportion to the rest of his body. When I look at him he is balanced and pleasing to the eye. Did I mention what a love bug he is too? I am thrilled with him and if I got another just like him I would be happy, although a filly version would send me over the moon. Our mare will be bred back for a 2014 foal by him for a client as it has already be sold. Another bonus is working with Ahna, she is fantastic and went out of her way to get my mare pregnant this year when we encountered a new vet that didn't have a clue about reproductive work. Good luck with your mare
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aut of the Balou by Amazing Balou du Rouet X Voltaire WASF.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	37307  
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

1 members found this post helpful.