The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ISR/OLD Stallion "Amazing"

Anyone know more about him? Seen him in person or out competing? Does he have the personality that it looks like he does (very sweet?)

Anyone have any offspring? I know he is young, so I was curious to find out more info.

thanks!

I like him a lot and am seriously considering him for my Tb mare this year. His owner is super nice and I am sure would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I love the pics where he is laying in the stall like a big puppy dog with her. If that is a reflection of his personality, then sign me up
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

I love Amazing too. I think he has a wonderful combination pedigree of Jump and good temperment that should be super for Hunters and breeders with TB mares.

He does look like a big puppy dog too, but a gorgeous one!
    http://www.herselffarm.com
    Proud of my Hunter Breeding Princesses
    "Grief is the price we all pay for love," Gretchen Jackson (1/29/07) In Memory of Barbaro

We have a mare in foal to him for April (foal is reserved already in utero) and we're very excited to meet this baby. It's his first crop and I *think* he has 8 or 10 foals coming? Ahna would be glad to give the scoop I am sure. We also will breed another mare this coming year.

I like him a ton because 1. it's VERY hard to find a stallion, particularly a jumper-bred stallion, that has all the jump but actually moves good for the hunters. He has both. 2. Temperament, handled daily and ridden by ammy 3. Breeding, such a nice pedigree.

Also, a well-known hunter trainer/rider called me last year after a show that he was at that Amazing attended and was going crazy, wanting to make sure that we "knew about this new fantastic hunter stallion" - I said not only do we know, we already have a mare bred to him! LOL He said Amazing is insanely attractive and has extremely good leg conformation as well. He was very taken with him and he's not easy to impress.

So, we're anxious to see the first crop! We'll be sure to post pics when ours arrives, April 19 is the "due date". She was in foal first try btw, so his semen was very good also and Ahna is a delight to deal with.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

I saw him at his ISR/Old NA stallion inspection. He was an angel--perfectly behaved and calm. He is a very good jumper.

I have an older Holstiener mare in foal to Amazing for an April 2011 baby. Ahna is extremly nice and very easy to deal with. So far by his pictures and recent videos he is a hunter star in the making! So excited to see what him and my girl come up with, a jumping bean i hope! This is also her first foal and being older, Amazing got her in foal on the first try. Highly recomended to have Amazing in your breeding program. Will post pictures once baby is here.

Know him and have ridden him (rode him at his licensing) and he is a doll!

He is actually KWPN, but is approved with ISR/Old NA. We imported him from Holland as a foal. I have not been around him since he was sold, but he was very quiet minded and easy here.

Quote Originally Posted by TSHEventing View Post
    Anyone know more about him? Seen him in person or out competing? Does he have the personality that it looks like he does (very sweet?)

Anyone have any offspring? I know he is young, so I was curious to find out more info.

thanks!
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

First of all, THANK you so much for all the wonderful comments on my kid and our new breeding program! I just wanted to say a couple things, since of course my opinion is totally biased and probably not the objective opinion the OP was looking for

The one thing I will say, is that the temperament you see on the videos is absolutely 100% indicative of Amazing's true personality. He is one of the sweetest, most sensible horses I have ever known. Everyone that works with him from farriers, to vets, to riders seems to fall in love with him and the general consensus is that everyone wants to hug him! He's really a big overgrown pony.

As for foals, Signature is right-we are expecting around 10 foals from a wide variety of lovely mares starting in April. We have an All the Gold mare here in foal and I can't wait to see these babies! As they start arriving, we'll be getting a better idea of what he is passing along, so check the website for updates.

Again, thank you so much for the positive comments!
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire) 2005 KWPN Stallion
    RPSI, KWPN reg B, and IHF nominated
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

Ahna- I still want to give you a call!! I keep running around like a chicken with no head this week and weekend. It is still on my list!

Thumbs up Amazing

His name says it all!
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

Do you who know Amazing, or breed in hunter land, foresee his foals to be marketable?

Thanks!

Annie's beloved mare, Rio's Roxy, was purchased by Ahna to be bred to Amazing this year for a 2012 baby. I LOVE HIM and will probably get sucked in to buying that baby!

Will Amazing be attending a stallion test this year?
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    Will Amazing be attending a stallion test this year?
    Funny, I was rechecking this thread and going to ask the exact same question.
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Hillside and TTP,

at this point in the year we are weighing the options as to what is the best way to fulfill Amazing's stallion requirements. There are several factors to consider and I really love the idea of going the performance route since he was ultimately purchased to be my show horse. As the time draws closer, if one of the testing formats looks to be a better option, then that's the way we'll go.
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire) 2005 KWPN Stallion
    RPSI, KWPN reg B, and IHF nominated
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

His baby picture makes me smile. What a talented boy!

Quote Originally Posted by TSHEventing View Post
    Do you who know Amazing, or breed in hunter land, foresee his foals to be marketable?

Thanks!
    I don't usually breed (I don't have the facility to accommodate the young ones), but look for lightly started 3-4 yr olds. However, Signature (who posted on here) certainly does, and I have yet to see her or her partner breed to a stallion that is not highly marketable in the hunter-world (and why most of her foals sell in-utero or before they are yearlings).

I will certainly be on the lookout for an Amazing foal in a few years who has been started u/s.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Thanks!!

We do feel with his type, breeding, looks, jump and movement he is very marketable. It's particularly hard to find one that jumps like that but also moves extremely well.

Sometimes we do breed to what some might consider more unorthodox stallions because we're looking to strengthen a mare very specifically where she needs it to produce what we're looking for. It may seem weird to some but there is a method and long thought process/planning behind it! So far so good. But with Amazing, he is more obviously a good all-around solid choice who hopefully should be suitable for good variety of mares.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

Can one safely double up with Voltaire? I do not see it done--but than the Dutch do not use linebreeding as intensely as some others it seems. We have a mare, by Oxford whose dam sire is Voltaire, who might work with this handsome (and relatively local) boy. TIA