The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Unhappy Rambo Warranty

I bought a Rambo Supreme Lite T/O from netEquestrian 9/11/10. In that time it got one minor tear in the middle of the fabric near the flank, I figured I would keep an eye on it. Just noticed a large tear on the rear. There is a reflective strip at the corner edge and the fabric around it has completely torn and exposed the liner.

I only forked over $230, as I got it on closeout, but that is still a good amount of money for a T/O sheet. I suppose I thought it would hold up much better, considering the cheap-o blanket my gelding came to me in last year didn't rip or tear, and it seemed everyone swore by Rambo. Only now do I bother to investigate the warranty, too late to apply for it, as I purchased the blanket over 90 days ago.

.. at myself.

Amy

"I decided I am going to live, or at least try to live, the way I want,
    with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure."

It is certainly worth a call to Horseware. Maybe they will honor their warranty anyway, since the sheet tore more than once. If not, at least you will have made them aware of the problem and that you are not happy. They are a good company to deal with and may very well help you out.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Rambos used to have a 2 year warranty from date of purchase from the manufacturer...not the case anymore?

I have to say, they are NOT the same quality any more. However, they still fit the best IMHO and the other companies aren't much cheaper...
    JB-Infinity Farm
    www.infinitehorses.com

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    It is certainly worth a call to Horseware. Maybe they will honor their warranty anyway, since the sheet tore more than once. If not, at least you will have made them aware of the problem and that you are not happy. They are a good company to deal with and may very well help you out.
    I have had Horseware products before and I'm a big fan of the company, so I definitely think a call or e-mail would be wise. I've never had a problem with any product before, so maybe they will get that I am not trying to leech, just bummed that this one hasn't worked out. I have heard more and more frequent complaints about Rambos not holding up.

Will do tomorrow..

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by spotmenow View Post
    Rambos used to have a 2 year warranty from date of purchase from the manufacturer...not the case anymore?

I have to say, they are NOT the same quality any more. However, they still fit the best IMHO and the other companies aren't much cheaper...
    I guess not.

Guarantee Form

From the site:

"Rambo® Turnout* 3 Year Guarantee

We have such faith in our Aquatrans coating technology that we are prepared to guarantee that your blanket will remain waterproof and breathable for a minimum of 3 years!

The Best Your Horse Can Get!

Please fill in the form below within 90 days of the purchase date. The unique number of your Rambo® MUST be included on the form to be eligible for the guarantee. This number is found on the inside of the front of the rug."

ETA: I also notice that it says "waterproof and breathable", and nothing about "intact".
    Last edited by ake987; Jan. 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: ETA info

Amy