The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bogs boots?

Has anyone tried Bogs boots? A coworker just turned me onto them and I think they're awesome and want to buy a pair of my own!

But I'm having a hard time finding if the Classic style upper boot/neoprene part is waterproof, or if I should just buy the Rider style with rubber all the way up. I'd be using them mostly around the farm, but would also take them to shows where walking through water complexes will occur.

I love my Bogs, and got them from Cabela's.

I'm on my second pair in five years of daily wear. Even in below-freezing temps, my feet are toasty warm while I do barn chores.

I have a pair of the moccasin type Bogs. I like them,, but should have ordered one size larger. i can wear them in the summer, barefoot,, but not with a sock. I got them from Dover, during a sale, so sizes and quantities were limited so I'll just live with them.

ohara bear- do you have the Classic
    http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product...GH_CORSAGE_BRN

Or the Rider?
    http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product...ER_CORSAGE_BLK
    **edited to change this link**

I'm trying to decide between the 2.

Thanks for the tip, CB/TB. My coworker let me try hers on and we wear the same size, so hopefully I'll be alright size wise.
    Last edited by morganpony86; Jan. 27, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

I have a pair of the paddock boot styled ones (Zappos.com has them super cheap!) and LOVE them for summer use. They do run a bit small, so have to wear skinny socks, plus it isn't so muddy then- just hot, therefor the short height. I've got Mudruckers in a mid-calf size for winter.
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

Love my bogs. I'm on my second pair (thanks to puncturing my first with a pitch fork!). I have the Classic style (with the flowers!) and I can tromp through foot-deep water no problem. And I can't believe how WARM my feet stay in those things.

OMG - I just looked at the site MorganPony linked to - I had no idea there were so many options. I may be buying another pair today...

Quote Originally Posted by KarenC View Post
    OMG - I just looked at the site MorganPony linked to - I had no idea there were so many options. I may be buying another pair today...
    No. Kidding.
    Hence why I started the thread.

So can someone tell me if the neoprene top of the Classic boots is waterproof? Or just the rubber foot?

The neoprene top is waterproof. I don't know if it is supposed to be or not, but believe me, I have put it to the test. Sometimes not on purpose.

Just what I wanted to hear, Karen. Thanks!!!

Yes tops are waterproof, on my first pair after owning a pair of mid-muck boots, both were great, very warm, but I find the bogs not as slippery. Got mine at Dicks.
    "They spend 11 months stuggling to live, and 25 years trying to die" my farrier

"They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle"

Quote Originally Posted by morganpony86 View Post
    ohara bear- do you have the Classic
    http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product...GH_CORSAGE_BRN

Or the Rider?
    http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product...ER_CORSAGE_BLK
    **edited to change this link**

I'm trying to decide between the 2.

Thanks for the tip, CB/TB. My coworker let me try hers on and we wear the same size, so hopefully I'll be alright size wise.
    I have these (except blue): http://www.bogsfootwear.com/_product...OR_BUBBLES_BRN

IMO, the shorter ones are easier to get on and off, and this height is plenty sufficient for every puddle I've encountered so far. I don't ride in them, as the foot is too wide for my stirrups (okay, I've ridden in the a couple times, but it makes me nervous).

While I want to agree about getting a size larger, just know that they DO break in after a while. It just takes a bit of wearing. My new ones aren't as comfy as my old ones, but I've only had the new ones for a week, and the old ones are five years old (and I still have them and wear them occsionally, but they are starting to crack). With my first pair, I remember thinking "I like them, but my next pair will be a size bigger." Then they broke in, fit perfectly, I wore them for years, and so I forgot to go a size bigger on the new ones.

BARGAIN OF THE YEAR ALERT!:

I got a pair of Bogs, the "taylor city slicker" for $8. Yes, That isn't a typo, it was $8 from, wait for it, wait for it....... SMARTPAK!

They were on clearance, and the only size left was MY size! I ordered a pair for $8 with free shipping. Got a call the next day saying they were discontinued so I wouldn't be getting them. 2 Days later they are at my door!

I didn't care what color they were.. for $8 they were perfect.

How do the Bogs compare to Mucks?

I dont' know how they compare to Mucks.. But I have a pair of Mucks SUVs and let me tell you they are wonderful.

I love my Bogs. They are so awesome. I'm on my second winter and they are warm and have good traction in the snow. They are waterproof all the way to the top.

I love my Bogs! I have 2 pair -- high boots and the shorter ones. I am probably going to start selling them on my online retail store within a few weeks.

I LOVE mine! I have the high boots and they are warm, comfortable and easy to put on. And I love that the come in fun bright colors too.
    They do run a little small so be sure to order a size up. I wear mine with wool socks in the winter and definitely needed a size up to do that.

I got a pair of bogs several years ago and they did not hold up at all. They were leaking within 2 months. I took returned them and got a pair of muck boots. I have had them for 6 years and they are still going strong.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Bogs! My first pair leaked within 6 months, I emailed the company and they recorded the problem with the model, said they changed the sole since then and sent me a brand new pair without even making me send the old pair back. Could not be more impressed with the boot or the customer service! Mine have been waterproof all the way to the handles!

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Love my Bogs! I have the tall ones with the "handles" in the neoprene uppers. They fit my wide calves well and they're warm! They've done fine in water, mud and snow, but you'll need Yaktrax on them for ice. I wear a 7.5 in most shoes and got an 8 in these, which lets me wear Smartwool socks in the winter. I use mine for yardwork too.
    Full-time bargain hunter.