The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Possible move to Chicagoland...suggestions please

My husband just informed me that he is interested in looking for a job in the Chicago area. He knows that wherever we end up, the horse has to have a comfy and safe home. I would be looking for a place to board, hopefully with an event trainer. Ideally, I would love to find a place to board, train, and possibly take on some type of working student role. Although I lived in Chicago for a few years, I was not involved in horses at that time and have no clue as to what’s in the area.

So, to those eventers in the area, are there certain suburbs that are more event friendly? Do you have specific places/people you highly recommend? Or places/people to avoid? Are there many cross country schooling options? Do any of you live in the city and commute to your horse? Feel free to pm me if you want.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I just did a quick search and saw that several people have already asked about trainers and barns in the area. So, to make mine slightly different, I'm really interested in trainers that have some type of working student program. Also, it would be great to find a great group of adult riders to event with!
    Last edited by someday; Jan. 26, 2011 at 04:08 PM.