The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

paequest Guest

Default Nick Karazissis

Nick Karazissis was featured in the January 24th issue -- he will be teaching 2 seminars a day on hunters and equitation at Pennsylvania Horse World Expo (Farm Show Complex, Harrisburg, PA) Feb. 25-27. The Expo starts on the 24th but Nick won't be there til Friday. Bruce Davidson will be doing seminars Saturday and Sunday too.

One of my favorite clinicians!
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Must say I'm pleased to see the Expo made an effort to get some top jumping clinicians this year -- Steuart Pittman's been doing a nice job introducing eventing to a new audience at the expos over the past couple of years, and the side saddle jumping I've seen has also been well done, but the h/j 'clinicians' from previous years have not represented our disciplines well IMO -- Wish I had made it down to MD last weekend to see Jimmy Wofford and Linda Allen --
    "I never mind if an adult uses safety stirrups." GM

The COTH article was about the entire Karazissis family, three generations in fact, not just Nick.

I caught both Linda and Steuart in Maryland and the stands were packed. I loved Steuart's little jab at the "natural" horseman and their round pens! Mostly because I stumbled into a barn with one of them solely for lovely indoor, and was almost brainwashed into believing he could train my green OTTB by turning it's nose to it's butt and making it pull logs around the round pen, etc, etc. So glad I caught Steuart at Horse Expo last year to shake me back to reality!

I had the chance to watch Nick give a clinic last year. He was wonderful. Very kind and effective with both horses (+ one mule) and riders. I also asked him some questions afterwards and he did a great job explaining things. I would definitely want to observe or clinic with him if I had the chance.

I rode in a 3 day clinic with Nick last year at a horse expo type deal here in IN. I enjoyed it, and the customers that I took with me liked him as well.
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

I'm really excited to see that everyone seems to love him, I was planning on going to the PA expo to catch some of his clinics.

But... HOW do you pronounce his last name?! Kar-az-i-siss? I don't want to sound like a dummy.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Care-a-seize-ez is the phonetic spelling. Enjoy your clinic! He's a local trainer for me although I've never taken lessons from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Indian View Post
    Care-a-seize-ez is the phonetic spelling.

THANK YOU! I've avoided saying his name ever... no more.

darn..i wish i was in US..americans seem to have more opportunities then us cdns.
    i can't pronounce his last name either..i pronounce it like caradino does.

He is a really awesome clinician and a very nice man in general. I loved the clinic that I took with him. If I had an opportunity to take another clinic and/or seminar with him, I would definitely do it.