The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cutting Horse Futurity - Free live webcast

This is so cool. The horses are so athletic. Has anyone here ever ridden one? Looks like a blast!

http://horsecity.com/webcast/futurity2011.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    This is so cool. The horses are so athletic. Has anyone here ever ridden one? Looks like a blast!

http://horsecity.com/webcast/futurity2011.shtml
    Yep....first one I rode was the winner of the Oregon and Northwest cutting futurities and co-champion of the Tropicana Cutting in Vegas. I couldn't just let him go and trust him (never ridden one before and had English background) so the fellow who managed him took off bridle and I rode bridleless. Never so scared in my life and totally hooked...that was 26 years ago and I've been hooked since. There are only three stallions in history that have sired offspring that have won all three of the big NCHA events (which pay out more than the TB Triple Crown)....one of those sired no Paints, one sired a very few and the last one is still alive and standing so has more Paint offspring....I am proud to say that my breeding program has Paint grandget of all three of those stallions and several foals with two (and in one case all three) of them on the pedigree.

I have a daughter who trains cutters - They all have a blast. One of her clients last week was talking to the boyfriend of a reiner & told him he really needs to try cutting, that reining is boring. The kicker phrase he used to get the guy to at least try a lesson on one of her cutters? "It's better than sex!"

Quote Originally Posted by suze View Post
    I have a daughter who trains cutters - They all have a blast. One of her clients last week was talking to the boyfriend of a reiner & told him he really needs to try cutting, that reining is boring. The kicker phrase he used to get the guy to at least try a lesson on one of her cutters? "It's better than sex!"
    And it lasts longer.......just sayin'

We just got back from watching today. Those horses are so talented. I love riding the cutters. I most of the time ride out to bring the cows in, my buckskin is not a cutter but more of a ranch type horse. Our cutter is so easy, still competes and does well, but her age is getting to her.
    I'm so busy.....I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.

Alright put your big girl panties on and deal with it!

I love watching cutting horses - just so cool!!! I would love to ride one but I would be so afraid of:

A. I would just fall off.
    B. It would hurt my back!!!
    C. I would absolutely love it and give up on hunters...

I started riding cow horses( cutters, ranch horses and barrel racers) and quit with the hunters. I have ridden several cutters but they are older so they took care of me so I have yet to fall.
    I'm so busy.....I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.

Alright put your big girl panties on and deal with it!