The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Draft cross like horse needs a T/O sheet -

My draft cross like horse fits well in the Weatherbeeta Taka line of blankets. The shoulder gussets of this style blanket fit him well. I have not had luck finding him a T/O sheet from this same line.

For those of you with big shouldered, wide horses – What line of turnout sheets are working for you?

I think a setback, high cut gusset is my best. I was thinking of the Rider International from Dover but I thought I would get some opinions first.

Thanks! KB

I have a 17.2 hand 1/4 draftie. I have tried more blankets on him than I can remember (including Dover's Rider International) and what fits him best are Rambo XL. Unfortunately, it seems they aren't being made anymore, so the next best are the Amigo and Amigo XL (cheaper anyway ) For him, the Rider's Int. did fit ok, and has large shoulder gussets, but just was NQR in some way (I think the neck opening was still not quite big enough for him).

Until recently (when I guess his shoulders got bigger?), the old style Weatherbeeta Orican (bigger gussets, not the Freestyle model) fit decently.