The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 year old Thoroughbred Filly- OH *Placed*

Pharrah is a 2 year old, unraced TB Filly looking for a home. She was bred to be a race horse but a pasture accident as a weanling changed her path.
    She had a fencing board go into her chest and was battling a really bad infection. That lady that owned her wanted her put down because she didn't want to pay to fix her.... So my vet said I will take her off your hands instead of putting her down. So they found out that she had a piece of wood that lodged into her lung which was causing all of the infection. So the vet removed part of her rib (right by where the girth would lay) to get to her lung and did some surgery on her. She is now a healthy happy girl with just a little flaw in her apperance on her right side. She is sound and has not shown any sign of a problem. She is a cute mover and would be a great sport horse or a broodmare. I taught her to lunge a little in the fall she is a very quick learner.
    She is going to be small in stature as she is measure 15.1 hands as a coming 2 year old. She does not have papers but I have all the info to get her registered. I DO NOT want her going to a racing home....That is out of the question. I would really like to find her a home as I have foals coming in a couple of months and need to make room.If you look closely at this photo you can see her little "dent". More photos available upon request. hrfponies@yahoo.com
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/Pharrah1.jpg
    Last edited by hrfponies; Feb. 3, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

She still has some growing to do...Jet was about 15.1 as a 2 1/2 year old and is now just over 16 hands. Looking at how downhill she is right now, I'd say she will grow quite a bit more. Jet grew in height until about 5, and then filled out for the next year or two.

o shes so cute im so close pm me
    MIDWAY SOCCER 08' First Season!!!!!!

OMG she's cute.
    hope someone from COTH takes her and give her a sport horse job.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

She has been placed! Thanks everyone!!