The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding help -- Middleburg/Upperville/Marshall Area

Hi all,

I'm jumping into horses again and I need to find a place to board. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere close to Marshall, VA, but would be happy with Middleburg, Upperville, Aldie, etc. East toward DC is preferred over south or west.

I really would like to find a place that goes to events fairly frequently -- field or stall board doesn't matter, just need a fairly reasonably priced full care facility and I'm having trouble finding one.

Any suggestions/thoughts are much appreciated, and you are welcome to PM me!

Thank you!

bump!
    "My shopping list is getting long but I will add the marshmallows right below the napalm." -Weighaton

sent you a PM

Boarding barns are hard in that area - so much of it is small or private barns, or BNTs who don't take boarders. For eventers/event-friendly barns, Sean/Kendra McQuillan do a super job and do take boarders (http://www.kilfinnanstables.com/ ) - but they are in Upperville, and would be a solid hour plus from DC/Arlington. Locochee is near Middleburg (http://www.lococheefarm.com/ ) - Jen Simmons isn't based out of there anymore, but she may come in, or they may have other outside trainers come in. Tailwind/West Wind is smaller and closer to town (in Aldie) and is generally full for boarders as it tends to be a bit more of a training barn, but is fabulous with really great care if you can get in.

I think Lynn Symansky is in Middleburg. I don't know if she takes boarders but she has a lot of students and travels frequently for shows.