The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Casall la Scilla

I am super interested in using this stallion, but have heard that it is really difficult to get his frozen in North America.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

If you find it let me know.

Default Casall La Silla

It is Casall La Silla not La Scilla. La Silla Stud is a very famous Stud Farm operation that is from Mexico, but also operates in Germany. They own Casall, hence Casall La Silla.

Anyways, to answer your question, you can't breed to him unless you have a Holsteiner mare standing in Holstein...Period. He is being controlled much like Cassini I and Caretino, Casall La Silla's sire. There is no way around it. It is better to buy one then to breed one anyways.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

Default Casall La Silla

Well having bred three Casall's here in the USA that are growing up I can vouch for the quality of the frozen semen. Señor Romo of La Silla in Monterey has the competition rights to this wonderful stallion. The Verband still owns him for breeding purposes. If there was a big enough demand and paid for far enough in advance not in an Olympic or WEG year I'm sure Herr Boley would organize to have him collected for North America but they have to be specially quarantined and with so much demand in the EC it isn't economic for them. He has limited breeding time. We have a top Casall-Acorado-Landgraf-Ahorn that should be starting to breed in 2012 pending his
    Licensing inspections.
    Kc Branscomb Kelley
    Branscomb Farm
    http://www.branscombfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by kcbk View Post
    Well having bred three Casall's here in the USA that are growing up I can vouch for the quality of the frozen semen. Señor Romo of La Silla in Monterey has the competition rights to this wonderful stallion. The Verband still owns him for breeding purposes. If there was a big enough demand and paid for far enough in advance not in an Olympic or WEG year I'm sure Herr Boley would organize to have him collected for North America but they have to be specially quarantined and with so much demand in the EC it isn't economic for them. He has limited breeding time. We have a top Casall-Acorado-Landgraf-Ahorn that should be starting to breed in 2012 pending his
    Licensing inspections.
    Where do you hear this stuff KC ? Never has anyone had to pay in advance for a Verband stallion. The stallion is always on competitions with Bengston and they don't want to pull him to freeze. He breeds fresh in the spring and then back on competitions.......simple as that.

Thanks for the useful information and sorry for the spelling mistake..
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

KC; Casall is only offered for Holsteiner mares who belong to members from the Holsteiner Verband. The semen will stay in Holstein. If you have a mare in Italy you have to bring the mare to Holstein to get her covered. In the next Holsteiner issue from AHHA will be a article about Casall and his motherline.

Quote Originally Posted by kcbk View Post
    Well having bred three Casall's here in the USA that are growing up I can vouch for the quality of the frozen semen.
    Can you let us know how you were able to get the frozen over here to USA to use for your 3 mares?
    *Every horse is a self-portrait of the rider....Autograph your work with excellence.*
    Supporting Nokotas www.nokotahorse.org
    Lipizzan's rock! http://rigitta.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JMurray View Post
    Can you let us know how you were able to get the frozen over here to USA to use for your 3 mares?
    The frozen was available here the last couple of years but quickly sold out and there will be no more for the immediate future. When and if it is made again for us , Karen Reid of Fox Fire Farm will be the distributor as she handles all Holsteiner Verband Stallions