The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TBs (and more) - WV (near charles town)

Hello all! I am working on getting more information but wanted to get this posted ASAP. We have a trainer who needs some serious help finding homes for her horses - this is one of those "life throwing major curveballs" situations, and she's doing the best she can but we need to get some of these horses moved as soon as possible.

Right now, this is the information I have:
    • Ten Broodmares, aged 7 - 17.
    • Three 2 yr old colts (just turned 2 by JC rules)
    • One 2 yr old filly.
    (The two year olds are all by "Dance Dude" )
    • 1 gelding of racing age who is not sound - no details at the moment
    • Small Arabian pony (13 hands?) who requires an advanced rider
    • 2 grade horses/not broke
    If you are at all interested in a horse, or even in helping out (we are trying to help her with hay, etc, in the meantime) please email me at kelly.utter@gmail.com

The only photo at the moment is of the colts
    Last edited by caffeinated; Feb. 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I should be getting more info today - this is a serious "needs help" situation so if anybody feels like taking a chance -

My CANTER blog.

Ages or pics of the broodmares? And can they be ridden or young enough to start a new riding career? I am in the market for a mare.
    Don't squat with your spurs on.

Quote Originally Posted by AChestnutMare&ABlonde View Post
    Ages or pics of the broodmares? And can they be ridden or young enough to start a new riding career? I am in the market for a mare.
    Like I said, this is *all* the information I have right now I will post more as I learn more. From what I know some of the mares are young enough for riding careers (7-10 yrs old) but may not have had any retraining since retiring from racing. I don't know anything about if they're sound or any other issues they might have.

I will PM you some contact information if you'd like, I'm still waiting for more information from her

My CANTER blog.

I did find a pic of the Arab pony - just a headshot but he looks quite attractive!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1352091_n.jpg

My CANTER blog.

Do you know when you will be able to get more? It would help to know if the colts are registered and what mares they are out of.
    Thanks for doing this and helping out.
    I will try and remember to check back on this thread. If not somebody PM me if more info is posted. I may be able to help with the colts.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Do you know when you will be able to get more?
    Been trying, hopefully we'll actually get some details today The youngsters are not registered at this time, owner does not have the money to do so.

My CANTER blog.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Do you happen to know the names of the dams?

Even if the young ones aren't registered, Dance Dude has Damascus for his damsire, and that is extremely positive for sport. Rest of his damline is exquisite for eventing. Round Table is a very strong influence for soundness, and he was the best son of Princequillo. Juliet's Nurse was close to a blue hen mare, and she is in the tail female line of the very fine eventing stallion in Ireland, Cult Hero. Bolero was in the lines of show jumpers and hunters whose pedigrees are found in my Dr. Birdsall, and he's comparatively close. Shy Bim was a daughter of Bimelech (Black Toney x La Troienne), and she has been a nice line. Her other daughter besides Shy Dancer who shows up a lot in my pedigree research is Lady Dulcinea The root of the tail female line in America is Cinderella, who was the dam of Plaudit and of Hastings, sire of Fair Play. There has been some speculation that the Hastings temperament came from her, and it was most visible in males. Cinderella was born in 1885, so there has been plenty of time for the temperament to have been well diluted through generations of daughters.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

hi coco-- any chance you could post some more info on the mares? names/pedigrees
    tia

Names of the mare and their pedigree will help us get them homes. If they are valuable bloodlines they may find a spot in the sport lines or back on another TB farm. We'll also be able to see if the mares have had any other foals and proper ages.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

For those asking her to post all the details...in one of her posts above she requests a PM and then she will send it to the requester. If you are really interested you should do that.

She also does not look to be much of a typer so it may be a chore for her to do a long post with all the info everyone always wants to have. Her life curveball may also make this difficult. Might not have a lot of time to be on a computer.

Caffeinated, can you post the info for her? Minimum the Dam and Sire names of each horse
    *Every horse is a self-portrait of the rider....Autograph your work with excellence.*
    Supporting Nokotas www.nokotahorse.org
    Lipizzan's rock! http://rigitta.blogspot.com/

Default Arab

I called and asked for pics of the Arabian because my daughter is interested in competing in Mounted Games. So far, no response yet. Still waiting...

I sent a private message to coco. I have a few people always looking, including myself.

But if coco is too busy... caffe, please send me info on the mares/fillies.

Thank you!
    Home of Janas Kernel of Independence and Doolittle's Pride N'Joy.
    http://bittersweethorsefarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by coco39 View Post
    Here is the thing and i really can't sugar coat anything. it is very hard to feed all these animals!People ask but seldom anyone makes an effort to come and look. What do people expect? They are mares and x race horses and have been out for few years.I am just really overwhelmed with them.
    I can tell you I DID get a PM (in response to my own) & there are a couple very interesting mares, if you re breeding for the track. (And some might be nice as sporthorses - I've heard other COTHERs who were looking for these exact bloodlines.)

Slamming the poster for what you perceive as slow responses doesn't help - I can tell you from experience, if you have ever suddenly had more horses than you'd planned to feed . . . you're dancin' as fast as you can to just keep up, much less respond to PMs - and public criticism.

I agree with the previous poster, but...instead of answering to many PM or email inquires...

wouldn't it be easier to post a full list of each horse with needed stats (age, breeding, height, ect) to save sometime. type it once instead of multiple times.

I feel for the person in this situation and feel very sorry for her. With the tough economy it makes our love for our horses even more difficult.

coco39 Guest

Ok so here is what i have left so far.

Lady win win is about 15 hands.Her dam is Win Right Win and sire is Melodisk. This is a really nice mare.She is 100% sound.
    She has had two great foals.Can be retrained or used for breeding.She is chestnut.

Mount Ararat is 14 hands. Her dam is Norquestress and sire is Deposit Ticket. This horse had a heart to run. Extremely competitive.She has nice bloodlines. She is extremely friendly horse and can be retrained. 100% sound.She is bay or dark bay.

Confidant girl is 16 hands. Hard keeper but has nice bloodlines . She has never been bred. She can be retrained 100% sound.Her sire is Lost soldier and her dam is Why a Buck.She is bay.

Prized Memories is 15.2 hands. Can be retrained or used for breeding she is black in color.Her sire is reprized and dam is C Note. She has no issues.

Ladys Basket is 15 years old. She has had some very nice runners. Can be used for breeding or a companion horse.

Norquestress is another mare she is 18 years old and the Alpha mare. She has had few nice foals,but is in great shape.Her sire is the great Norquestor and dam Why Jan. Who was also a great horse..This is a an Extremely well bred mare.She is black.

I have a few which are for sale.

They are as follows.

Mint to kiss.
    Believe in magic
    Madam Amore
    Soldiers Victory
    C Note
    Rafa

And Thank You KB Equine

To those that asked about pedigrees... I added the following horses for Coco to Allbreedpedigree.com. Cause I WILL provide a home for some of these girls, but it would be a only a breeding home offer with me. Sounds like these horses have more promise then just being mommies.

Lady Win Win http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/lady+win+win

Mount Ararat http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mount+ararat2

Confidant Girl http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/confidant+girl (sorry I couldn't locate Why A Buck's pedigree)

Prized Memories http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/prized+memories

Lady's Basket http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ladys+basket

Norquestress http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/norquestress

I didn't look up/add the other horses (the for sale ones sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by coco39 View Post
    Ok so here is what i have left so far.

Lady win win is about 15 hands.Her dam is Win Right Win and sire is Melodisk. This is a really nice mare.She is 100% sound.
    She has had two great foals.Can be retrained or used for breeding.She is chestnut.

Mount Ararat is 14 hands. Her dam is Norquestress and sire is Deposit Ticket. This horse had a heart to run. Extremely competitive.She has nice bloodlines. She is extremely friendly horse and can be retrained. 100% sound.She is bay or dark bay.

Confidant girl is 16 hands. Hard keeper but has nice bloodlines . She has never been bred. She can be retrained 100% sound.Her sire is Lost soldier and her dam is Why a Buck.She is bay.

Prized Memories is 15.2 hands. Can be retrained or used for breeding she is black in color.Her sire is reprized and dam is C Note. She has no issues.

Ladys Basket is 15 years old. She has had some very nice runners. Can be used for breeding or a companion horse.

Norquestress is another mare she is 18 years old and the Alpha mare. She has had few nice foals,but is in great shape.Her sire is the great Norquestor and dam Why Jan. Who was also a great horse..This is a an Extremely well bred mare.She is black.

I have a few which are for sale.

They are as follows.

Mint to kiss.
    Believe in magic
    Madam Amore
    Soldiers Victory
    C Note
    Rafa

And Thank You KB Equine

FYI I posted on my facebook account.

I deleted my facebook post.
    Last edited by bittersweetfarm; Feb. 1, 2011 at 07:44 AM.

Is it possible to get ages listed with each mare?
    "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

I thought I would help Coco out some:

Ages:

Lady win win is 10
    Prized memories is 7
    Mount Ararat is also 7
    Lady's basket is 14
    "Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."