The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Birmingham area, AL... i.e. crispy crunchy everything land!

Default Black Persian-looking Adult Cat

I found a very very sweet cat at the side of the road when visiting at a friend's house, so I took her to the barn where I was boarding at. That was back in November, and she has been super sweet and is great at catching mice (3 in one day when I first moved her there). However, I recently moved my horses, and I knew the old barn manager wouldn't feed her, so I brought her home and have been fostering her in my garage. She is now at a healthy weight, with a soft, unmatted coat (she has never matted since I picked her up in November). I am very sure that she was previously someone's pet because of how incredibly friendly she is. She loves to be picked up, she is great with kids (let the last BO's toddler pick her up by the head and an armpit and drag her around, then would rub on him and purr as soon as he put her down instead of running off). I would seriously LOVE to keep her, but I have two housecats already and my fiance won't let me bring in a third. She's just a dollbaby, and I really would like to see her become a housecat or at least a well-taken care of barn cat. Barn cats hunt better if they're well fed, so I'll be happy to send all of her food with her, her food dish (with automatic refill), and I'll update her shots so that you have actual records if anyone will take her! She's just GORGEOUS and absolutely a sweetheart, so please someone adopt her! She's a freebie, and I will be happy to drive within a reasonable distance from Birmingham or Tuscaloosa to meet you. Additionally, if you can meet in Nashville, I have plans to go up there in February and could meet up with you there. I will try to take a photo of her today and post it, but to give you an idea she looks like an all-black persian and she has goldish-greenish colored eyes. I'm not sure if she is spayed, but I suspect that she MIGHT be because she seems to have been someone's pet at some point plus I haven't seen her cycling through any heat cycles even with male cats around the old barn owner's place.

Bump!

If someone will take her, I'll pay to have her shots updated AND get her spayed if she isn't spayed already!