The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone had tubal litigation AND Nova-Sure?

I have had both. Seemingly, I should never have to worry myself with contraception, but I always am worried about those tiny numbers. Anyone else have these procedures on their own or in combo? Do you use extra protection?

Nope...after having my tubes cut, burnt and tied - I figure if I get pregnant, it's meant to be.
    Cindy

I don't. One reason I got my tubes tied (burned, stapled, tied.....) was because other methods of contraception were NOT good for me, and I have two kids and do NOT want any more! (Think first child conceived with condom, BC and spermicide....all functioning correctly....) Plus being allergic to latex and turning into a stark raving B!TCH on hormonal BC. Figure if I get pregnant again it'll be a miracle and well worth it!

I had the tubal done because my 1st pregnancy was very physically traumatic and my husband and I along with my doctor all agree that it would be a bad idea for me to get pregnant again. Now, with having the Nova-Sure procedure, I definitely should not get pregnant again, as it could be very bad for both me and the baby.

My doctor feels certain I cannot get pregnant. He seared the tubes and then of course my uterus has been heated to ridiculous temperatures - I'm truly fried! I suppose, though, I'm afraid I'll be that one person...the one they write about in the NEJoM...

Just the tubal for me. It's been 17 years since it was done (had it done at 26), and I have never worried unduly nor regretted it.

But yeah, I used to be one of those who used an arsenal of BC methods - the Pill plus a barrier method or two. I want a baby like a hole in the head.

If I get preggo, I figure the kid will have a pretty good life, because I will sue the bejesus out of the doctor who tied my tubes! (Tongue-in-cheek, J/K and all that - it's just my standard line to people who want to know when we are having kids).

Ablation (nova sure) for me. Pregnancy not really an issue as DH was snipped years ago before we met.

For me, periods were getting more frequent, heavier and generally making me feel like crap. No periods for almost 3 yrs and I love it!!! I think I was starting perimenopause and the ablation has made my life much easier.

I do know that I was told that a pregnancy after an ablation was very dangerous and couldn't be carried to term. FYI
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Yea, having had both the tubal and the ablation, I highly doubt I could get prego, I just sometimes worry about that tiny percentage...

Tubal litigation?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Tubal litigation?
    If ya can't screw em, ya sue em!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Just the tubal for me. It's been 17 years since it was done (had it done at 26), and I have never worried unduly nor regretted it.

But yeah, I used to be one of those who used an arsenal of BC methods - the Pill plus a barrier method or two. I want a baby like a hole in the head.

If I get preggo, I figure the kid will have a pretty good life, because I will sue the bejesus out of the doctor who tied my tubes! (Tongue-in-cheek, J/K and all that - it's just my standard line to people who want to know when we are having kids).

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the "arsenal" . I actually have one son, who was conceived on the pill, no missed pills, no antibiotics, nothing like that. I love him dearly, but one is plenty for me.

So I have a tubal scheduled on Feb 9th. Yay!
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Tubal litigation?

Oh dear, it would seem I posted that after making the drinks last night...they were tasty, but I wonder what other bad English I posted???

I'm not sure if I should laugh, be completely mortified or just go make another drink!