The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default La Mundials: thinking about getting some, reviews?

Does anyone have the La Mundial custom boot? If so, do you like them? How was the service? Which model do you have?

there are 3 or 4 really great custom boot threads from the past two months that you should search.

as for this boot: COTHers headed me a different direction. Apparently they are not the greatest quality and customer service is a night mare.

I ended up with Willson & Davidsons. They were the only customs that I could find locally and I found them via a COTHer!
    I think if you can have someone from the company do the measurements the endeavor is far safer in the long run. That way if the boots don't fit correctly they have to fix them. : )
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Don't do it!

Even if you have the owner of the company measure, it might not fit. Have had personal experience as well as several friends who don't have boots that fit a year later!

They do not stand by their product and everything takes forever to correct! One friend gave up and settled after three pairs and 9 months of waiting. Another friend had an order come and the stitching on the boot was unravelling, so the quality control isn't great.

My boots never came in correctly, I cancelled the order and went elsewhere. Not happy with that as I had to pay to do a rush order with another company. So, they screwed me coming and going!

I thought they were working on the mismeasure and then found out that the boots were simply sitting in their warehouse for two months. The main customer service rep quit during that time and no one was following up. It was a nightmare.

My boots were way too short. I saw another pair for a friend that did come in "correctly" however if it was a kid showing in the eqs, they are not acceptable as they are too short. It was not for the eq so she didn't really care but I'd be mad if my custom boots were too short. Heck, I can buy that off the shelf for cheap

The owner of the company is in and out of the the country so you really can't go higher up to speak to someone because he's not available.

Their english on the customer service phone is marginal.

I think you can do better. It might be a few hundred dollars more but in the end you get what you pay for and if you need boots for a show and are counting on them, it sucks when they don't deliver.

Absolutely do not get them. Spend the money elsewhere. When mine eventually arrived, weeks later than promised, the zippers busted out within a few days so I sent them back. They also weren't the model I'd ordered. At another show I tracked down a different rep and had him remeasure me. When I once again got them later than promised they still didn't fit. I left them in the back of my closet for a year and eventually had my local leather guy put in a gusset so I could use them at home. The boots aren't that great and the service is absolutely horrendous.

Thumbs down Terrible!

I'm stuck with some that I got at the Washington International. They were totally wrong and the company would not take them back, do anything to fix them or return my $.

There is another thread about them, I think over on the eventing or dressage forum. They were starting to market to Ca. Avoid them at all costs!!!

I personally had a great experience with these boots mine fit perfectly and look great. For 500 they came within 3 months! I was still waiting to get my Ayora boots when I came across the La Mundial brand-they are awesome-sorry for those that had bad experiences

Mine are BEAUTIFUL. They fit perfectly, are exactly the way I ordered them (I had a lot of specific requests), and came in almost exactly 3 months as predicted. I was very impressed with the quality for the price. I was very happy with mine, sorry others had bad experiences.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Quote Originally Posted by buschkn View Post
    Mine are BEAUTIFUL. They fit perfectly, are exactly the way I ordered them (I had a lot of specific requests), and came in almost exactly 3 months as predicted. I was very impressed with the quality for the price. I was very happy with mine, sorry others had bad experiences.
    I had the exact same experience, mine are absolutely beautiful and the leather looks as good, if not better as anyone's parlantis. I think as with any custom product lots of people have had positive and negative experiences...

Spend the extra for Vogel, Der Dau, Dehner, Sergio, Willson and Davidson... someone who stands behind their product. Even go the La Casa De Las Bootas route before you do this.

Don't do it! Mine (as well as two other friends in the barn) do not fit. We were all measured by different people from the same vendor at a horse show. Mine came way too large around the ankle. When I asked the vendor about making it right, she said she could do nothing about it and that we needed to contact the company directly since the vendor charges no international tax? I have yet to contact La Mundial because of how horrible I have heard their customer service is. Thus, I am out $660 and no boots.
    Become a Posse and help keep kids on horses and off the streets.
    http://www.comptonjrposse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SlamDunk View Post
    I had the exact same experience, mine are absolutely beautiful and the leather looks as good, if not better as anyone's parlantis. I think as with any custom product lots of people have had positive and negative experiences...
    I am sorry but I have to disagree. I have NEVER heard so much negativity and so many complaints about a equestrian product company as I have about La Mundial. As far as being as nice as Parlanti boots, I don't think there is ANY comparison in quality.
    Become a Posse and help keep kids on horses and off the streets.
    http://www.comptonjrposse.org/

Mine never fit, even after being sent back. I would never order from them again.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

I had a barn mate who finally got boots that fit and look appropriate after first getting ones that were too short and then having them offer to add a leather strip to the top. She actually ended up with both the first pair with the leather strip and a whole new pair. But the whole ordeal took over a year. And her husband speaks fluent Spanish which helped hugely. Plus I heard something about her needing electrical tape over the weekend b/c neither her boots (she uses the first pair for every day) nor her horse's boots would stay attached properly.

After hearing some of the stories here and on other threads, I begin to wonder if they have a supply of boots that they keep sending out to different people, semi-randomly, hoping that there will be a fit.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Quote Originally Posted by SlamDunk View Post
    Me too! 3 months, love mine, the zippers did break the first time I put them on, but we were able to fix em, and so far so good.

Crossed over from the Dressage thread and saw this one!

My BO and another friend ordered a pair at WEG and are still waiting on them to come in...I believe they were promised in January. I see the BO this afternoon and will check to see if her's arrived.

The boots looked great as they were being measured, but something about the entire process seemed a bit "off". Just a gut instinct. Glad I didn't order a pair, based off of the comments on this thread.

I'll let you guys know what my BO thinks of them.
    Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
    CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

Meanwhile, my friend purchased a custom pair of Der Dau's at WEG and had them by her show in November! Fit her perfectly. No breaking in time needed.
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

Alright, I will look elsewhere per general consensus! Thank you! Any other suggestions? I'd really rather not spend over $800...

I have a pair, but it sounds like I was lucky. Total, I think my trainer has 2 pair, my assistant trainer has 1, I have 1 pair now, and 1 other rider has a pair.

They all came in pretty much on time - mine came in 2 weeks late, but that isn't really that late. I paid $633 even with several custom options, and they are wearing great so far.

One quibble - on the right boot the little leather flap you put the zipper tab through got punched a little big, so it doesn't hold the zipper in. I just need to take it to the cobbler to get a smaller-holed tab, if that makes sense, but I have been lazy.

They required 0 break in time, and fit my very hard to fit, different sized calves the first time.

One of the reps came out to our farm and measured us. Maybe (like CWD?) mileage varies depending on where you buy and your rep?

It sounds like our farm has been lucky. I will say that another adult rider at my farm has the Parlantis (sp?) and she loves them as well.
    "Look, I'm trying not to test the durability of the arena with my face!" (Because only GM can do that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkarab View Post
    Crossed over from the Dressage thread and saw this one!

My BO and another friend ordered a pair at WEG and are still waiting on them to come in...I believe they were promised in January. I see the BO this afternoon and will check to see if her's arrived.

The boots looked great as they were being measured, but something about the entire process seemed a bit "off". Just a gut instinct. Glad I didn't order a pair, based off of the comments on this thread.

I'll let you guys know what my BO thinks of them.
    Good friend of mine ordered a pair at WEG, too and hers came in this week. She said they are absolutely gorgeous and fit like a glove. Said "they are too pretty to ride in" and the leather is soft and she does not expect break in to be hard at all.

I have a pair of their custom paddock boots which i like very much now. When they first arrived, I thought they were a little tight, but they have loosened up with wear and now fit like a glove.

I ordered a pair of tall boots at WEG and have not received them yet. I received an email from the company last week to tell me the boots would be delayed.