The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Things on facebook that annoy you

In this thread we can whine about all the things we dislike on facebook

Tonight I'm really irritated with the thousand and one different invites for farmville, mafia wars, etc...

Bad grammar updates. I mean no one cares that you "lyk had suuuuch a gr8 tyme last nite" (The English teacher in me weeps)

I also don't understand people who put pictures of themselves up drinking where you can clearly see that it is alcoholic (like the bud light label is clearly showing not just a red plastic cup). Then they still have their full birthday up and it's very clear that they are NOT 21. They are in fact 18. And they don't have their account set on private. I mean WTF
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill
    For Hope, For Strength, For Life-Delta Gamma
    www.etsy.com/shop/joiedevivrecrafts Custom Wreaths and Other Decorations

I'm on FB for the primary purpose of staying connected to people I would otherwise be unable to stay as connected with (people from my childhood I had lost track of included!), especially since I work out of town. I don't spend a whole lot of time on it, though I do have it open while I am at work. But I swear, if I get ONE more STUPID Farmville invite...!!!! Nevermind all the other invites! I swear...
    ....horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

You can change your settings so you don't get any more game invites.

the only reason I have a fb is b/c my friend made it for me and it's good if I have a hw question and I need to ask someone whose number I don't have. The major thing that bugs me is when people post random statuses. I don't care that you are eating a bowl of cereal! I don't usually update my status much though, other than the occasional song lyrics, or hanging out with friends, etc. It is good though sometimes, b/c my friend cancelled our plans at the last min- she had "family stuff." I saw on fb that night that she had actually gone to the movies with another friend. That kinda ticked me off- please either tell me the truth or don't cancel our plans at the last minute! So yeah, but I usually I only get on like once a week.

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

I abhor the "cut and paste this if you love your kids/appreciate your brother/miss your mom/love your dog/support cancer survivors etc." posts. I believe/support/miss all of them! But I choose to do it on my own terms and it bothers the HELL out of me that someone is trying to shame me into doing so. Those "I know my friends will paste this into their status" ones are the worst.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlake View Post
    I abhor the "cut and paste this if you love your kids/appreciate your brother/miss your mom/love your dog/support cancer survivors etc." posts. I believe/support/miss all of them! But I choose to do it on my own terms and it bothers the HELL out of me that someone is trying to shame me into doing so. Those "I know my friends will paste this into their status" ones are the worst.
    Ugh, yes, that drives me nuts, too. I never do it.

And it sort of creeps me out when people "Like" awareness messages. 1500 people in the United Stated die of cancer every day. You like that? Really?

The farmville stuff doesn't bother me because I have it all blocked, so I never have to see it.

One of my friends is dating this chick who's been baptised in the Kool-Aid, swimming so deep she's probably got Mr. P's savvy snorkel keeping her from drowning, and she friended me on facebook. I should really block her status updates from appearing. It takes every bit of my self restraint to not ridicule her on a near daily basis.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlake View Post
    This!
    Turn off the computer and go ride!

changing it every two weeks
    keep it with something simple. i HATE the new layout