The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Trailer ad - Pretty sure I saw its twin this weekend. And I did a double take. I was very glad to see it was being used for moving inanimate objects and had no horse hauling charactoristics anymore. Not that this one does either

Donkey ad - 17 hand mammoth jack. Perhaps they need one that big to lift up the buses? From the pictures, it looks like wild burros just wander around their bus yard.

Mini stud ad - I'm pretty sure the sticker says "Upgrade Me!"

One horse trailers like that were pretty common right up through the mid 70s.

There is one still in use around here (PA/NJ) - I think they haul a mini in it - has the roof though

My first horse used to travel to shows in the back of a pick up - in NJ - large trailer box built over truck bed padding on wheel wells. In fact in the early 80s we went to a week long trail ride with a group of people. One was still using a truck bed trailer. Both were pretty well reinforced and did the job.

Worst "trailer" I ever saw was coming down Route 22 in Western NJ... A flatbed equipment trailer with horse standing on it attached to a lead line attached to a young teen boy sitting on a hay bale. Going west on the divided highway at about 50 mph YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvmyButtercups View Post
    I've been glued to that site/blog for over two hours it's so entertaining! Had no idea that was there. Kinda like FHOTD, with an interesting twist, for sure.

I find the coolest sites here. No shortage of info on COTH!
    I know what you mean, I find it disturbingly facinating.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    Wow...that trailer is a great candidate for this blog: http://uniquehorsetrailers.blogspot.com/
    The first white one horse and the red one horse looks like the same trailer with a paint job.