The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    Does this ad really mention that the stud lets you touch his 'under parts'? Cause if so, um.... why?
    http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/2162357374.html
    Dang they could have at LEAST taken the auction sticker off his butt!
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    I think he's getting ready to breed the other horse and they're afraid of him so stood well back to take the photo. Either that or he's waiting to get on the bus but the driver won't open the door because it's not time yet.
    Ahhh...I laughed out loud when I read that. My husband is no fun...I read it to him and he goes, "What's a jack?".

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Ahhh...I laughed out loud when I read that. My husband is no fun...I read it to him and he goes, "What's a jack?".

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    Does this ad really mention that the stud lets you touch his 'under parts'? Cause if so, um.... why?
    http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/2162357374.html
    Well, I guess that means you could collect him or maybe wash him for breeding or clean his sheath....better than those that try to take your head off I guess.

Hey! That trailer has a sun roof. That's a high dollar option...

This thread has me just cracking up over here. I am on craigslist often and while I started out laughing my fool head off at some of the ads, now I find that I am starting to wonder just what the hell. I mean, do people really talk like that or is it only the written word that confuses them. I just don't get it.

However, very funny.

TrailGrazer Guest

Cool

Hey, I'm sure he moved his family out of it before posting it on Craigslist.

The "trailer" - holy crap I didn't even know what to think when I saw the picture. I seriously hope it has never actually been used as a horse trailer. The other ads are just WOW as well.

Can someone send the photos to

http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/

??

Re the trailer in Wenatchee - for those of you that have been around the track a few times, trailers like these were the only way to haul your horse for years. I've always thought it would be super cool to have a vintage truck with vintage trailer, something like the "Cowpokes" trailer, to take to car shows. I could put a stuffed horse in the trailer. When I have these thoughts, I eat chocolate until they go away.

This trailer probably needs a floor, wiring, paint, and tires, and it could be made serviceable. Only a small horse could be accommodated, and if you were going to actually use it, adding a little more height to the front half would be good. I think I'd use a different approach than the canopy. The price is ridiculous, though - I'm sure you could buy something similar for $200 or less, and much of the time, you could probably even get it free, just for getting it off the property!

Open trailers like these have advantages - you can winch in bad loaders with a tractor really easy. Not to say that's the best solution, but it was a common one in past years. They also haul livestock well, so long as said livestock doesn't leap out. It's likely destined to become a garbage hauler, and it will be ideal for that as well.

As for schoolbus jack, if you look carefully, Jack is getting ready to perform for an audience. There are several people standing inside waiting for the triple X action.

And his sire being 17 hands? That's probably measured with the special measuring device in which every animal for sale (at least in Craigslist) is 16 hands or above, yet stands a princely 14.1 when met in person.

Mini stud who is oh-so-touchable is wearing a sale sticker on his touchable bod. Guess he isn't going to stay in his new home long enough to have it taken off. Or this guy puts stickers on all of his horses (Creampuff! Low Mileage! Whitewall hooves!).

Quote Originally Posted by Pat9 View Post
    Open trailers like these have advantages - you can winch in bad loaders with a tractor really easy.

Wow...that trailer is a great candidate for this blog: http://uniquehorsetrailers.blogspot.com/
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my husband is going to try to sell all my horses and tack for what I told him they cost."

That's hysterical. I sent the link to DH and told him I found a horse trailer that has plenty of head room for Tommy...since they're keeping the truck cap! ha ha ha
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

http://tommybluefoot.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pat9 View Post
    Re the trailer in Wenatchee - for those of you that have been around the track a few times, trailers like these were the only way to haul your horse for years. I've always thought it would be super cool to have a vintage truck with vintage trailer, something like the "Cowpokes" trailer, to take to car shows. I could put a stuffed horse in the trailer. When I have these thoughts, I eat chocolate until they go away.

This trailer probably needs a floor, wiring, paint, and tires, and it could be made serviceable. Only a small horse could be accommodated, and if you were going to actually use it, adding a little more height to the front half would be good. I think I'd use a different approach than the canopy. The price is ridiculous, though - I'm sure you could buy something similar for $200 or less, and much of the time, you could probably even get it free, just for getting it off the property!

Open trailers like these have advantages - you can winch in bad loaders with a tractor really easy. Not to say that's the best solution, but it was a common one in past years. They also haul livestock well, so long as said livestock doesn't leap out. It's likely destined to become a garbage hauler, and it will be ideal for that as well.

As for schoolbus jack, if you look carefully, Jack is getting ready to perform for an audience. There are several people standing inside waiting for the triple X action.

And his sire being 17 hands? That's probably measured with the special measuring device in which every animal for sale (at least in Craigslist) is 16 hands or above, yet stands a princely 14.1 when met in person.

Mini stud who is oh-so-touchable is wearing a sale sticker on his touchable bod. Guess he isn't going to stay in his new home long enough to have it taken off. Or this guy puts stickers on all of his horses (Creampuff! Low Mileage! Whitewall hooves!).
    Yep, trailers like that were common in the 50's and 60's. I think I have a picture of one in the background of a show picture taken of my mother in the late 50's.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Shoot...back in the old days my dad used to load ranch horses in the back of the pick up. Seriously. He had gates on the sides of the truck so they wouldn't fall off.

He never hauled them down the road that way, but to get them from place to place on the ranch, yes. One gelding didn't even need a ramp. He'd just jump in the back of the truck.

I saw a trailer quite similar to that one, in Waikiki. The horses had fly masks on, and looked quite debonair in their convertible. No, it wasn't 1955, LOL, it was 2002

That's not even legal! WTH!

all the cl ads on here are quite funny...

trailer-definitely a fixer upper ad..and definitely a scary thing if you didn't.

donkey ad-weird,nuf said...its basically a very very bad for stud ad.and agree it looks like hes about to breed in second photo...hahaha

mini stud ad..read nightsong's comment.well said.

craigslist is a big joke for horse stuff alot of the time...i stay clear of CL when looking for horses or anything horse related it's either scam or just like these ones can be dangerous.etc.JMHO

Good Lord - that is one of the STUPIDEST looking things I have ever seen!

Default Wow! Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    Wow...that trailer is a great candidate for this blog: http://uniquehorsetrailers.blogspot.com/
    I've been glued to that site/blog for over two hours it's so entertaining! Had no idea that was there. Kinda like FHOTD, with an interesting twist, for sure.

I find the coolest sites here. No shortage of info on COTH!