The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

nonotme Guest

Default Dating advice needed....

I am a divorced woman, and I haven't been involved in a "real relationship" in about 10 years. I've dated here and there, nothing serious. A couple months ago, I met the perfect guy. Perfect in every way. I mean really, I can't find one thing wrong with him (and usually there's at least one or two red flags with everyone I date). He's attractive, very nice, great job, everything I'm looking for. We have a great time when we're together. We can talk for hours, never any akward silence. Thing is, I just don't feel that spark. I really want to see how this thing plays out, but I'm not that interested. I don't want to walk away, but how long do you give it before making that decision?

Call me 'shallow' but have you two had sex yet? How was it? Is that what you mean by 'no spark?' If there was no spark there, then he wasn't so perfect....

And I'm old by the way - but why settle?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by nonotme View Post
    I am a divorced woman, and I haven't been involved in a "real relationship" in about 10 years. I've dated here and there, nothing serious. A couple months ago, I met the perfect guy. Perfect in every way. I mean really, I can't find one thing wrong with him (and usually there's at least one or two red flags with everyone I date). He's attractive, very nice, great job, everything I'm looking for. We have a great time when we're together. We can talk for hours, never any akward silence. Thing is, I just don't feel that spark. I really want to see how this thing plays out, but I'm not that interested. I don't want to walk away, but how long do you give it before making that decision?
    It's you. Not him.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    It's you. Not him.
    You are too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    It's you. Not him.
    Oh how I wish I had said that!

And I thought a dish was shallow. Once again proof that nice guys finish last.

I don't think there's any rush to decide. Wait and see whether the attraction comes as(if?) abiding love and respect develop. Unless he's pressuring you to fish or cut bait in which case I'd split.

Is there just no chemistry, or do you think you might be the kind of girl that gets butterflies for men who are bad for them? I'm a little bit that way and l know it. I deliberately looked for something else in a life partner, and don't regret it for a second.

LostFarmer: Good to see you on here again! And I AM a 'dish' - old, but a dish.